What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Views on gay marriage

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
Views on gay marriage
Author: Message:
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
RE: Views on gay marriage
well... I don't really care about it...

I'm pissed about people calling other people intolerant just because they do not agree with it... and also pissed at people that tells me that 'its not what god wants'

Let the people vote on it and if the majority agrees... well, then that settles it.
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
03-19-2007 12:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
wolfeboy100

34 / Male / Flag
it doesn't bother me.  they should be able to have the same rights as straight people
[Image: signature-user=76&back=4&clr=106,141,166&size=100.png]
03-19-2007 12:50 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Allowing same-sex couples to be legally married changes the definition of marriage. I don't like change. :-/
Is that why the forum hasn't been updated in a while? ;):P

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Something I heard one day that I thought really summed things up properly: "Gays have the right to be as miserable as any other person so let them get married".
I heard that somewhere too.

I think dt pretty much summed it up. It just annoys me when people say that it isn't in the bible blah blah. So what? They keep saying that their religion and loving and accepting so why not accept the love of two people, whether it be opposite or the same sex.

This post was edited on 03-19-2007 at 02:36 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
03-19-2007 02:35 AM
Val

30 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Omar
Let the people vote on it and if the majority agrees... well, then that settles it.
For something like this, it shouldn't be a "what the majority says, the majority gets" decision. Lets face it, there are probably more people against gay marriage than for it. The majority of people are mostly religious or with beliefs that gay marriage is wrong, so the legalization would never get passed.

If let's say the majority of people in some country believed that eating a certain type of food is wrong but it didn't have any negative effect on people and was even healthy for you, should it be banned just because the majority said no? I don't think so because there is no reason to ban it except some stupid belief they may have.

I think if two people, be it both male or female, really care for each other they should be able to get married no matter what silly thing it says in some book.
Menthix:
Anonymous doesn\'t have a leader.
Anonymous is the leader of ShawnZ.

Max:
True. But deep down, we all know.
ShawnZ is incharge.
he is /b/ in human form.
03-19-2007 02:51 AM
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
I've always believed that marriage is a primitive instinct - a built in mechanism to keep parents together after they've had a child. Because in the days of old, if there was a strong male out doing the hunting, and a loving mother looking after the child, then that child would have a higher chance to grow up than one that got abandoned when father went out to hunt, etc.

Buuuut... Tescos do our hunting these days, and we're not that primitive anymore. So there's nothing wrong with gay marriage. (Actually, there's not much point in marriage at all these days except for the tax benefits, etc. - because even if you get pregnant outside of marriage, the father can still be made to pay money ("alimony" or something, I think its called) to support the child.)

But hey, weddings are fun. So I'm all for it.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
03-19-2007 07:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

First, going to start this post by stating I'm not a homophobe. I know a few people who have come out & I am fine with them and them doing whatever they want.

I'm against gay marriages.

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
The religious crap isn't what bothers me, but rather the social implications. Marriage has always been between a man and a woman... it's an important and well-established tradition in our society.
Bingo.

And those saying that it has nothing to do with adopting children etc - yes, it will affect that child a lot. Maybe not to be point of them also being gay but it will.

Children are raised with the ideology (at a young age) that there should be a mother and a father in a relationship and a family. Whilst they may learn this outside, it's the affect of living in a family with something different.

The thing is, children (and especially young ones) DO look up to their parents on how a life should be and as role models.
03-19-2007 08:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Views on gay marriage
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
First, going to start this post by stating I'm not a homophobe. I know a few people who have come out & I am fine with them and them doing whatever they want.

I'm against gay marriages.

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
The religious crap isn't what bothers me, but rather the social implications. Marriage has always been between a man and a woman... it's an important and well-established tradition in our society.
Bingo.

And those saying that it has nothing to do with adopting children etc - yes, it will affect that child a lot. Maybe not to be point of them also being gay but it will.

Children are raised with the ideology (at a young age) that there should be a mother and a father in a relationship and a family. Whilst they may learn this outside, it's the affect of living in a family with something different.

The thing is, children (and especially young ones) DO look up to their parents on how a life should be and as role models.

agreed.
03-19-2007 08:17 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
If two people love each other, there shouldn't be any reason they aren't allowed to marry.

If you have a problem with it, you could learn to ignore it. Or better yet, get a broader perspective on life.

If its religious reasons that you state then I must say they are total crap. Reasons like "God said blah blah" isn't a valid reason imo. Did he say same sex marriages are not allowed? :P And then again we know this forum's views on God so lets leave that point aside.

If you mean social reasons like smurfi said, that needs a bit more of thought. But imo in his example marriage isn't the problem, adoption is. Then that's one for the adoption agencies to look out for. Why not allow them to marry? Having a family on the other hand can be a bit more complicated 8-) It (having same sexed parents) doesn't necessarily mean that it would have a bad influence on the kids or the parents might not be good or anything. But it could be that way. We have a million cases in our society where the case is the same. Its not always bad but it could be. What do we do there?

My answer is a "yes, it should be allowed" :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-19-2007 08:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
J.J

R.I.P Myles. Missing you.

33 / Male / Flag
I don't know, I just believe a marriage should be between a man and a woman, and not for people of the same gender.
[Image: bluesig5rz.png]
Previously known as \'lappin\' and \'Third Dimension\'

Damo says (12:00 AM):
-pictures harry potter naked-
03-19-2007 11:58 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
quote:
After reading through your post it seems you are a homophobe. What you posted told me that you are scared what two parents of the same sex could do to a child. It seems you are fine with these "people" as "homosexuals" doing whatever they want except for getting married and raising a child. I wonder what they would think if you told them you were against it. How you thought they, being a couple of the same sex, could affect a child so drastically that it would change the childs life forever.

quote:
I don't see how besides a few narrow minded neanderthols teasing them about how they have parents of the same sex.

quote:
How would they know any different when they've been brought up from birth/baby in a loving family with two fathers? Or two mothers? Society teaches us that a family should be comprised of a mother and a father.

quote:
What's wrong with looking up to parents of the same sex? They can still be loving, caring to the kid and themselves. Is it a fact that a gay marriage, equally sucessful and caring as a straight marriage could change the thought process of the child just because they are gay?

It's people like you that keep this sort of narrow minded bullshit in this world. Just because they are gay and do not fit 'societies perfect family' they are not allowed to get married and have children of their own.

What do you think when you see two men holding hands and playing with a child? "Ewww that kid is going to be sooo f@$%ed up when he grows older. He never had the oportunity to live in a 'normal household'. I feel sorry for the poor bugger."

One day I hope gay marriage is legalised and they can adopt or have kids of their own.

p.s. And remember, just because you know "gay people" does not automatically make you not a homophobe.

This post was edited on 03-19-2007 at 01:10 PM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
03-19-2007 01:08 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend