What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Views on gay marriage

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
Views on gay marriage
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Views on gay marriage
Sorry to bring back this thread... but I know people have this opinion... and I figured I'd post this news article...
Lesbian asks courts to deny gay adoption

EDIT: and apparently I don'tk now how to put urls, but fixed now.

I don't agree with this btw... I think it's crap.

This post was edited on 03-26-2007 at 02:14 AM by qgroessl.
03-26-2007 02:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
williamhook

lolhai

32 / Male / Flag
It should be allowed. :)
[Image: signature.png]
03-26-2007 02:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
I couldn't care less, I'm not gay, and I know very few gay people.  If they wanted me to support it, I would, because they're my friends.
03-26-2007 02:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
i basically think like surfi. i'm not a homophobe, in fact my best friend is gay. I'm not against gay marriage at all, but i dont like the idea of them adopting a child, for the simple fact that the poor kid would probably be teased at school and i'd hate it tbh, lol [Image: msn_tongue.gif][Image: msn_tongue.gif]. Uhm, and most importantly ( cause i think it's really important for a kid to have a mum, a female image.
Let me give you an example of someone without a female model, someone who gets off fine.

Whether there is 1 father and 1 mother, 2 mothers, or 2 fathers, as cookie said, it all depends on the education and not the gender of the parents. I currently live with my dad, and not with my mother. Divorce. This is an issue that, regardless of gay marriage laws and etc, exists, and is the major cause for kids without a female/male image. Many times, the child in question sees more one parent than the other. In my case, my mother outright told me never to go back again. Down went the female image. Has it made me a worse person? Not really. I manage my life fine, and it doesn't affect the way everything else in my life goes. It's not an issue what the parents are like inside their pants, but an issue of how the parents treat their children, and how the parents teach their children.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
03-26-2007 03:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
So it seems there is more people for gay marriage. Great to see I think. I am still interested in Chris's final reply as he said I missed some things.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
03-29-2007 06:09 AM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
Entirely for it. No reason at all that it should be a problem. The arguments about it traditionally being a ceremony between a man and a woman are ridiculous, there are many other traditions that have changed as we became less ignorant. Marriage is also traditionally a religious ceremony, but I very much doubt that the majority of people getting married today (in places like the UK, at least) are religious. If people dislike the idea of it because it's traditionally for different-sex couples, they obviously have a problem with gay people whether they'll admit it or not.

As for the matter of gay couples adopting children, I see no reason why there should be a problem for the child. I haven't studied psychology, so I'm not pretending I know all about it :P, but when a child has two same-sex parents who love and care for it, it is surely better than a child who has had one of its parents abandon it at a young age, leaving it with either an all-male or all-female influence (which isn't exactly uncommon - especially here in chavland :P). The child is going to experience hundreds of different people (as well as plenty of other couples, so it's not going to have the idea that same-sex couples are "the norm") as it grows up, so it'll have plenty of female figures in its life (neighbours, teachers, aunts, grandmas...)

This post was edited on 03-29-2007 at 04:14 PM by ayjay.
03-29-2007 04:13 PM
redscheme

I'm fine with gay marriage. gays raising children its fine as well. as long as the couple is financial stable and completely supportive i don't see a reason why they cant have a child. as for the mother figure ... there are plenty of other female role models for the child

(EX: grandma, aunts, friends etc)
03-29-2007 04:20 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Views on gay marriage
quote:
Originally posted by J.J
I don't know, I just believe a marriage should be between a man and a woman, and not for people of the same gender.

I'm a curious person, as you already know, and I'd like to hear why you think marriage should be between a man and a women. I'm not going to troll you or anything, I'm just curious :).
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
04-15-2007 08:24 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Views on gay marriage
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:
Originally posted by J.J
I don't know, I just believe a marriage should be between a man and a woman, and not for people of the same gender.

I'm a curious person, as you already know, and I'd like to hear why you think marriage should be between a man and a women. I'm not going to troll you or anything, I'm just curious :).

maybe becuase its not normal...
04-15-2007 08:33 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Views on gay marriage
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
maybe becuase its not normal...

How is it not normal? In todays society it's everywhere. It's been happening for quite some time now, but has recently became an "issue" for the government.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
04-15-2007 08:35 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: