What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Is it possible to read encrypted logs with helper programs without a password?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Is it possible to read encrypted logs with helper programs without a password?
Author: Message:
ohyouknowme

RE: Is it possible to read encrypted logs with helper programs without a password?
Yeah I've been having a read. Seems I'm stuck anyway.

I'm going to be confronting the problem directly tonight.
04-06-2007 02:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Adeptus

RE: Is it possible to read encrypted logs with helper programs without a password?
Assuming the log files are still being used by whoever it is whose privacy you are trying to invade and you have access to the computer they use, you could install some sort of a keylogger and obtain the password that way.

I will caution you, however, that this is not the way to solve problems in relationships (be they romantic, friends or parent/child).  If you feel someone isn't open with you and doesn't trust you now, they will certainly trust you less after they learn what you have done.
04-06-2007 04:26 PM
ohyouknowme

I thought about that (but as you can see, I put that I'm going to confront it tonight) but I know that the situation of the password being put in isn't going to occur very often. So it'd take a very long time.

I've decided against it anyway, I'm going to get the person to open the logs and read them to me. I already know what's in them, because I managed to get some different logs (sneaky!) and read those.

Thanks for the replies though.
04-06-2007 04:37 PM
jajajanneke

it has been a while since anyone replied to this post and I still don't have a clue how to decrypt my logfiles. They are almost 5 years old. I did make up the password myself at that time but my memory has failed me.
I don't know anything about threads and bladibla, i just want to read my old logs!

who can help me?????
10-16-2007 11:02 PM
Adeptus

quote:
Originally posted by jajajanneke
it has been a while since anyone replied to this post and I still don't have a clue how to decrypt my logfiles. They are almost 5 years old. I did make up the password myself at that time but my memory has failed me. I don't know anything about threads and bladibla, i just want to read my old logs!
There's still no way to do that.  If there was, then the  encryption feature itself would be pointless -- so don't hold your breath.
10-16-2007 11:11 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: