What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Iranian forces acting legally?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Iranian forces acting legally?
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Iranian forces acting legally?
quote:
Originally posted by q25
believe it was the American crew's mistake for going in iran's waters

get educated before you post... they were British...

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Er. if some mexicans go to usa's waters and get captured and treated like terrorists, why can't iran do the same

We do not treat them like terrorists... we'll arrest them and deport them... not hold them and play political games with their government.... The US does the same thing with Cubans... they catchthem in the water, they bring them back to Cuba... they get onto American shores, they're accepted...

Our American way of dealing with foreigners in our waters is nothing like what Iran is doing... If We'd have mexican naval personel in our waters, I'm sure we'd stop them, question them, hold them for a little bit to make sure the story was legit, but we wouldn't twist around the facts...

Accidents happen, even if they were in Iranian waters, it would've been by mistake... unlike how Iran accused them of espionage.

This post was edited on 03-30-2007 at 12:52 AM by qgroessl.
03-30-2007 12:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
quote:
Originally posted by q25
believe it was the American crew's mistake for going in iran's waters

get educated before you post... they were British...

I knew it was the British, I mixed the words because of what I was replying to Voldie- a simple mistake. Calling someone else uneducated for a typo is ridiculous.

This post was edited on 03-30-2007 at 12:51 AM by Rolando.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
03-30-2007 12:49 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fuse
I want to hear what you guys think, Is Iran asking for a fight or is the UK to admit there fault.
I think this is a conflict between UK and Iran and what you read/see these days from either side is to be taken with a massive grain of sold.

Let the investors figure it out.

It would be stupid to form strong opinions about it if you don't have the full inside info.

quote:
Also: Do you think the UN Security Council/NATO (or even the US) should get involved?
no, this is a conflict between 2 countries which needs to be solved between those two countries. No reason why others should get involved (yet)... and especialy not the US...

quote:
i hope Iran knows what it's doing to it's already tattered reputation.
UK isn't an angel either though.

And I wouldn't be surprised if later it would be suddenly discovered that UK did crossed the border.

What I mean: I don't have an opinion on this and I certainly do not take anything for granted, from either side.

PS: BOTH use satellite photo's and GPS to proof their right.

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
We do not treat them like terrorists...
Who says that Iran does? Being held isn't nice, ok. But to immediatly occusing Iran of threating them as terrorists goes a bit far. In fact, despite what Iran did or does, they too aren't stupid enough to get the whole world on their back over stuff like this.

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Our American way of dealing with foreigners in our waters is nothing like what Iran is doing... If We'd have mexican naval personel in our waters, I'm sure we'd stop them, question them, hold them for a little bit to make sure the story was legit, but we wouldn't twist around the facts...
Who says Iran doesn't do exactly the same? Who says they are the ones who are twisting the facts?

I'm sorry, but in cases like this facts are often given in by believes.

I do hope this incident will end soon, for those people and their families. But by no means will I occuse Iran just like that as there is still a big possebility that they are in their right. We are not the experts to find out.

This post was edited on 03-30-2007 at 01:49 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-30-2007 01:29 AM
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
Well said Cookie, well said. Only satellite will show us the ships position at the time of the incident. But when they do go back to the UK they will get into a whole lot of trouble. I am thinking of what is going to happen to Iran in the near future.
[Image: 202180054.png]
03-30-2007 06:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bridport_james

~ OK Mr Wenger. Rough Patch ey? ~

– / Male / –
Personally I don't believe our boats went into thier water.

Surely it is strange that after they have been taken hostage letters and videos come out telling us to remove our troops from Iraq, and slagging of Tony Blair?

This is the sort of thing that little activist groups or something do - but it's the government of Iran. That's what is worrying.

I saw on GMTV the other day that the first video with the woman was likey to be fake, because although she was saying things were good, she was blowing here smoke from her ciggarette downwards, which is supposed to be a sign of negativity, and she was looking down in the bottom-right hand sside of her eye, which is apparently the 'negative' channel. :S

Whatever is happening it's not the way to make Iran more popular.
03-31-2007 08:27 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by bridport_james
I saw on GMTV the other day that the first video with the woman was likey to be fake, because although she was saying things were good, she was blowing here smoke from her ciggarette downwards, which is supposed to be a sign of negativity, and she was looking down in the bottom-right hand sside of her eye, which is apparently the 'negative' channel.

Never heard about that before?... but if that's according to the military :p they probablywouldn't release what is their sign of danger or whatever... But I dunno... I guess they're neat ways to to show something is up.
03-31-2007 01:37 PM
Fuse

Wax on..Wax off

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Iranian forces acting legally?
I have found an Iranian version of events:

quote:
Originally posted by BBC News on Iranian Version of Events

[Image: _42747531_iranian_version_sail_2.gif]

1 Royal Navy crew stray 0.5km inside Iranian waters
2 Iran gives set of co-ordinates to back up their claims
3 According to seized GPS equipment, the Royal Navy crew had previously entered Iranian waters at several other points
4 Iran informs Britain of the position where the crew were seized, inside Iranian waters

(for those who asked for it ^ - and for a full detail of both version of events: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/6502805.stm)

Basically the position where they were detained (see picture) is apparently the position that the British sailor's GPS says. All the other pink marks are places that the same crew have been. 

Also:

quote:
Originally posted by Faye Turner's 3rd Letter

"Representative of the House of Commons, I am writing to inform you of my situation. I am a British serviceperson currently being held in Iran. I would like you all to know of the treatment I have received here. The Iranian people are kind, considerate, warm, compassionate and very hospitable. They have brought me no harm but have looked after me well. I have been fed, clothed and well cared for.

Article continues
"Unfortunately during the course of our mission we entered into Iranian waters. Even through our wrongdoing, they have still treated us well and humanely, which I am and always will be eternally grateful.

"I ask the representatives of the House of Commons, after the Government have promised that this type of incident would not happen again, why have they let this occur, and why has the Government not been questioned over this?

Isn't it time for us to start withdrawing our forces from Iraq and let them determine their own future?

I honestly think that the letter is not a fake however that the letter was written on the influence of the Iranian government, Iran is obviously using the seamen as propaganda tools.

This post was edited on 03-31-2007 at 09:24 PM by Fuse.
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
03-31-2007 09:20 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: