What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » change other peoples nicknames

change other peoples nicknames
Author: Message:
tetley

O.P. Huh?  change other peoples nicknames
hi! i want to know how i can "change" the nicknames of my friends maintaning the ones they have chose and their personal messages on front of it. I would also like to know if it is possible to put it by alphabetical order from the nicks i choose. Thank you (Y)

Tetley :)
04-11-2007 04:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
RE: change other peoples nicknames
Ermm, if i understand right..
Right click contact - Add a nickname - enter nickname.

and yes, it's automatically put in ABC order.
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
04-11-2007 05:59 PM
tetley

O.P. RE: change other peoples nicknames
No Lucas, what i meant was like, imagine your nick name is "Prodigy is playing live in Lisbon" and i wanted to add "Lucas" to it, and it would be like "Lucas - Prodigy is playing live in Lisbon". I know messenger plus had that option even before Messenger had by itself, but now i can't find it for some reason. And In alfabetical order i mean the nickname i would put, not the original one. I already knw what you told me, but thanks anyway :)
04-11-2007 06:16 PM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by tetley
"Prodigy is playing live in Lisbon" and i wanted to add "Lucas" to it, and it would be like "Lucas - Prodigy is playing live in Lisbon"

You can do that aswell.. you just need to know the original name..
Unless, you're talking about having "lucas" first and the original name, updating when he does etc.. in which case, im no help..

quote:
And In alfabetical order i mean the nickname i would put, not the original one.

That's also what i'm talking about... it will update order if you change the name of the contact.
04-11-2007 09:19 PM
tetley

yes.. updating... that's what i was talking about. i know that option existed before in msg plus... maybe it was removed? i don't know... well... thanks anyway lukas =)
04-13-2007 01:08 AM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
You could do it with the custom names in MsgPlus, but custom names have been removed in MsgPlus Live, and I can't see any scripts in the database which do it.
04-14-2007 11:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
yes.. updating... that's what i was talking about. i know that option existed before in msg plus... maybe it was removed? i don't know... well... thanks anyway lukas =)

Um, well, i think it would be difficult to make a script like that, but not impossible.. I imagine all you'd have to do is put a somewhat "fake" nickname infront of his "current" one, with the "current" one updating when they update their nick.. :S

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

Lukas, what the topposter wants is having the custom nickname feature back which existed in Messenger Plus! 3.

Yeah, i thought i mis-understood that :P

This post was edited on 04-14-2007 at 12:32 PM by Oxy.
04-14-2007 11:35 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Lukas, what the topposter wants is having the custom nickname feature back which existed in Messenger Plus! 3.

The reason why this was removed in Plus! Live is because Windows Live Messenger now has the nickname feature. Although it does not provide the functionality the custom nickname feature had in Plus! 3...

It is a very big and much requested thing for Plus! Live...

This can not be simulate in a script either.

Thus:
quote:
hi! i want to know how i can "change" the nicknames of my friends maintaning the ones they have chose and their personal messages on front of it.
This is not possible yet with Plus! Live, nor is this possible with Windows Live Messenger's nickname feature....

A lot of threads already exist about this with detailed explanations though. thus always search forums first

;)

This post was edited on 04-14-2007 at 12:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-14-2007 12:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tetley

ok, thanks for all your help.

i really hope they update that option. personally always the same nickname on messenger and a message is optional, but some people even put two messages, one in the nickname field and another one in the write a personal massage field... and i don't want to just change to a nickname because sometimes it's usefull ro read the messages (announcements and such...). anyway msg plus had that option before messenger had it, just like the log saving option... and i guess it always does a better job... why doesn't patchov himself create a messenger? lol =) anyway, thanks again for all your help ;)

tetley
04-14-2007 07:17 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: