What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Outlook 2007 & Outlook Web Access (School)

Outlook 2007 & Outlook Web Access (School)
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Outlook 2007 & Outlook Web Access (School)
How can i set up my home outlook to work with the Outlook Web Access that my school offers...

Thanks!

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
05-23-2007 12:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Outlook 2007 & Outlook Web Access (School)
Unless you have the IMAP or POP3 servers and the login and all of that then I don't think it is possible.  Try asking a tech about how you should set up Outlook to be able to access it because I'm sure that at least one of them must have the information to be able to give it to you.
[Image: markee.png]
05-23-2007 01:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Outlook 2007 & Outlook Web Access (School)
quote:
Originally posted by markee
Unless you have the IMAP or POP3 servers and the login and all of that then I don't think it is possible.  Try asking a tech about how you should set up Outlook to be able to access it because I'm sure that at least one of them must have the information to be able to give it to you.
arghh theyre bastards...

hm, coould it be pop3 or imap? could try and guess it ive got my login info and stuff to do web access through FF but just wanted to do it through Outlook.

Thanks

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
05-23-2007 01:59 PM
Verte

If they've specified outlook, it's probably not POP3 or IMAP but rather exchange or something. You will need to get onto your school about what services they are and what the addresses of the mail servers are.
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
05-23-2007 02:41 PM
Adeptus

If they use OWA, they are running Exchange.  Exchange can support (but doesn't have enabled by default)  IMAP, POP3 and a proprietary access method called RPC over HTTPS, which is also supported by Outlook 2003 and later.  You should ask someone at your school which of these are available -- if there is a choice, RPC over HTTPS is the best option.
05-23-2007 11:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: