What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Help Fight Diseases (Cancer, AIDS etc) Join the BRAND NEW World Community Grid Team!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
2 votes - 5 average   Help Fight Diseases (Cancer, AIDS etc) Join the BRAND NEW World Community Grid Team!
Author: Message:
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Help Fight Diseases (Cancer, AIDS etc) Join the BRAND NEW World Community Grid Team!
quote:
Originally posted by aljawal
:P if you havent seen or heard about I'M MAKING A DIFFERENCE, here is a link for you, it is very important for this people to get help.
Detail: everyone can see the emoticons and etc, but the money only comes from people who are using them in the USA =).
Also, why to ressurect an old topic?
[Image: Empty.png]
05-06-2009 12:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Help Fight Diseases (Cancer, AIDS etc) Join the BRAND NEW World Community Grid Team!
I've been on this forum for more than half a decade now. Not sure why I haven't joined this before. I should have really started a couple of years back when I started to let my machine idle 24x7. Better late than never :)

If you guys idle as well you could sign up :)
Yes, I know I bumped up a REALLY old thread. The point was to tell the new folk who've probably never seen this that such a thing exists. If it can get them to sign up, why not? :happy:

This post was edited on 05-23-2010 at 02:53 PM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
05-23-2010 02:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
I'm installing it now. I've used the Folding@Home CPU client but it was too much of a strain on my system (the high performance client made my GPU squeal).

I don't know how a CPU works; at the moment "System Idle Process" CPU:98|CPU Time:14hrs, does that mean those cycles are being wasted and I could be using them on this software with no extra strain?
06-06-2010 11:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by zach
I'm installing it now. I've used the Folding@Home CPU client but it was too much of a strain on my system (the high performance client made my GPU squeal).

I don't know how a CPU works; at the moment "System Idle Process" CPU:98|CPU Time:14hrs, does that mean those cycles are being wasted and I could be using them on this software with no extra strain?
More or less, yeah :P With no extra strain, not really. It will basically use the CPU when it's idle so the SIP (System Idle Process) time will go down and the app will do it's job. The software should slow itself down when some other task needs CPU.

I have noticed the processor taking 80+% CPU when I'm doing nothing. :) I haven't noticed a lag on my system in weeks. Then again, I haven't done that many heavy tasks in the past few weeks..
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
06-07-2010 01:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
zach

33 / Male / Flag
I've ran it for 4hours so far while I was using Photoshop and they got to 67% and 89% complete and I didn't notice much slowdown.
06-07-2010 03:33 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: