What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » My health and Back problems, your opinion please

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
My health and Back problems, your opinion please
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: My health and Back problems, your opinion please
quote:
Originally posted by Val
Well I guess I should say something. I too have back problems. I went to the doctor months ago and nothing was really noticed, except that I stand a little bit awkward. Now it has gotten worse and my knees constantly hurt (it could be unrelated).
Your problems might be related to posture problems. The hurting knees..those are growing pains..they'll go away when the growing spurt is over.

If i were you i'd go see a “Mensendieck” or “Cesar” exercise therapist (if available in Canada...ask your doctor). Aslong as your bones are still supple enough that will give good results. I went to one myself when i was a teen (when i was 18/19)..at first i had to put an extra sole under my shoe cuz it appeared one leg was shorter than the other..but after a while i didnt have to anymore as it was a posture problem..and yes i too had plenty of backaches (what a surprise as ofcourse my spine was used the wrong way).

This post was edited on 05-04-2007 at 01:33 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-04-2007 01:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: My health and Back problems, your opinion please
As i mentioned earlier the disc replacement is fairly new, untested for length of time etc and i read somewhere that it isn't possible to perform on multiple discs or something like that, also that site mentions that they too wear away.

The fusion would restrict my movement and I'd most likely still be in pain etc

As for friends and random strangers and just ignoring it, that's impossible, some teachers at college also seem to doubt me, think that I'm not telling the truth when i say i got a bad back, think that I'm acting and/or over reacting the issues
05-04-2007 06:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
Well, I'd go for it. :)
Sad to hear that it's getting worse tho. :sad:

I recommedn you a) ask the doctor for some papers proving that you have a bad back, so that your teachers can just stfu. b) Ignore them. Ignoring people is a really smart thing to do in some cases. If they talk behind your back like that, then they're not realy friends. Sorry.
I can just tell for sure that I'd not let people go around talking behind my back, if those were lies, but I'd also ignore them, depending on the case. :)

As I said, even if there's a small chance of success, I'd go for it. (I don't want you dead though. :sad:)
If you think it's hard to ignore them, just give them bullet proof proof! ;)
They may still doubt it, but then, they are plain assholes (IMHO).
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
05-04-2007 06:19 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Nile, before anything read up on everything..i didn't put in those links in my post for nothing. An operation is a very big step and can not be undone! That site also says that artificial disc wearing away is uncommon..And if you read more you might not even need surgery..

Screw what others think of you, you are you. If the teachers are giving you problems when you have to stay home an all cuz of your back tell them to go contact your physician (ofcourse let your physician know in advance he/she can expect calls). Your problem is visible, think of the problems those who have something that isn't so obvious have (i dunno what i'd rather have..visible or invisible problem..both suck..visible: you get stares..invisible: ppl think you are lazy and what not if you don't do stuff one otherwise would do etc.).

I love you no matter how you look or wich decision you make, i love you for you (who you are). And hey, remember you'll have to visit me at my 40th birthday! ;)
05-04-2007 06:31 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: My health and Back problems, your opinion please
You still gotta tell me where to come to!

Assholes Nitro, are unfortunately what makes up most of my country now worst thing being nice guys fund the assholes via their 'benefits' most of these unemployed chav scum get more money via different benefits than most people get who work a job.

I don't really talk to anyone from my high schools or local area any more they've ALL let me down, not one person from either of my schools came to my uber cool birthday bash this year, yet the next week they all went over everyone else's house for their own random parties.

It's easy to say screw them, and I have, just now I have no one who I can rely on and call a friend, and haven't for a while now.

My college mates are pertty cool and there's one guy I can call a very good friend however the physical distance away from each other generally makes us good friends only whilst at the college.

Sure with University (which I am definitely in now, as I have already passed my conditional entry requirements :o)) New friends will come and go, but it's always nice to have good friends from past times.

Yesterday I saw someone I knew (who at one time was damn scarily obsessed with me, needn't go into full details but she carved my name into her stomach with a pair of scissors on one occasion {can you blame me for turning down her offer of dating? :|}) and she didn't even recognise me, nod her head say hello or anything.

Although that disc replacement sounds awesome (I like the sound of it a lot) I don't think it's available in the UK and seriously doubt anyone I'm being treated under would know how to do the op, I mentioned to him previously this German therapy that re-fills the discs with fluid grown in a Lab from your own disc's fluid, however he was quick to shoot this down as money making crap from a magazine (which is where I was given the article from {bloody grandparents 8-)})

I've been granted next week off of college for animation purposes (H) which is pretty damn cool, so HOPEFULLY you'll all see something by the end of the week

This post was edited on 05-04-2007 at 09:47 PM by aNILEator.
05-04-2007 09:35 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
You still gotta tell me where to come to!
I will then, trust me.. i won't forget (if you want we can exchange mobile numbers so we can reach eachother at all times) ...
20 and 40 :cheesy:
quote:
I've been granted next week off of college for animation purposes (H) which is pretty damn cool, so HOPEFULLY you'll all see something by the end of the week
Yay!

[Image: sunnynana.gif]
05-04-2007 09:53 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: