What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs

Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
Author: Message:
Mahey

RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
I have the same problem of encryption. The error comes as "An error occurred while trying to decrypt your file. Please reboot or try again on another computer.

I have tried many computers and still not working. Early today i used partial encryption in cmd. i.e

"C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Log Viewer.exe" /decrypt="C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Chat Logs\devils_clinic@hotmail.com.ple" /partial

It is a file of size 5000+ kb

but it encrypts only 663kb

Can anyone help me for a further encryption. How can i encrypt more
04-26-2010 09:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
If the partial decryption stopped at one point, there is nothing you can do to decrypt it further.

Does the partially decrypted file makes sense? I mean, is it properly decrypted?

Does it contain the complete history for that contact?

Because, it might be that the ecnrypted log got corrupted somehow at some point (not nessecairly the fault of Plus! though. It might be a hard disk failure).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-26-2010 12:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tknaj2002sa

41 / Male / Flag
Dear Patchou

I do realley appreciate that for you to assist me restoring chat log password in chat logs.

I can send you one file of the enecripted chat log and just provide me with the decryipt password as the logs are important for me and I can't loss it I set the current logs to not be encrypted.

Please help me on this.
05-02-2010 05:23 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by tknaj2002sa
I can send you one file of the enecripted chat log and just provide me with the decryipt password as the logs are important for me and I can't loss it I set the current logs to not be encrypted.
That's just impossible. Even for Patchou. This is the way the encryption works, without the proper password you cannot decrypt it, there is no trick or secret way to get around it.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-02-2010 05:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Brute force it :P
05-02-2010 05:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
krazykikikat

So I'm not entirely sure if this is what I need...
I don't have Plus! and before I get it I want to ask this question:
can I use it to encrypt already existing chatlogs, that were saved before even installing the addon?

That's really all I'm interested in, is encrypting my logs.  I don't see a way to do that with just straight Windows Live...
12-15-2010 07:46 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by krazykikikat
So I'm not entirely sure if this is what I need...
I don't have Plus! and before I get it I want to ask this question:
can I use it to encrypt already existing chatlogs, that were saved before even installing the addon?

That's really all I'm interested in, is encrypting my logs.  I don't see a way to do that with just straight Windows Live...
Yes, you can use Log Viewer.exe (a sub program of Messenger Plus! Live) to encrypt your chatlogs (or any other file). Just follow the guidelines posted by the original poster of this thread. When you need to read them just open them by double clicking and enter the password when prompted (Messenger Plus! Live should have been installed for the password prompt window to appear)
12-15-2010 08:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
krazykikikat

RE: RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Yes, you can use Log Viewer.exe (a sub program of Messenger Plus! Live) to encrypt your chatlogs (or any other file). Just follow the guidelines posted by the original poster of this thread. When you need to read them just open them by double clicking and enter the password when prompted (Messenger Plus! Live should have been installed for the password prompt window to appear)

Thank you!
I will install this addon then. :D
12-15-2010 09:42 PM
dreaded

This needs to be updated for version 5. So does DecryptEncryptAll.zip made by CookieRevised. I forgot to encrypt my log files for awhile now and I have months and several accounts of unencrypted log files that I would like to encrypt. Is there a way to encrypt several accounts and folders now with version 5?
02-15-2011 04:16 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
This needs to be updated for version 5. So does DecryptEncryptAll.zip made by CookieRevised. I forgot to encrypt my log files for awhile now and I have months and several accounts of unencrypted log files that I would like to encrypt. Is there a way to encrypt several accounts and folders now with version 5?
See the first post. Everything explained there is still the same for Messenger Plus! 5. Nothing needs to be updated in that post.

The only thing that needs updating are those batch-file tools you can find in that other thread. Which I will do when I find some time...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-15-2011 06:40 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: