What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs

Pages: (9): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
Author: Message:
dreaded

RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
It is C:\Program Files\Yuna Software now for Windows XP. I edited your file and fount the registry entry to change also. I changed HKLM\SOFTWARE\%WOW64%Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus! and it worked.
02-15-2011 06:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
It is C:\Program Files\Yuna Software now for Windows XP. I edited your file and fount the registry entry to change also. I changed HKLM\SOFTWARE\%WOW64%Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus! and it worked.
Please do not change stuff in those batch files if you don't know exactly what you're doing.
(and reading your other post I can safely assume that you do not fully understand the batch files or how they work in general.. no offense though)

So, please do not publish any information in how to change them like that, because that is not correct... You will find that by changing what you did it will not work on certain systems! On top of that there is a bug in the Log Viewer which makes that the Log Viewer and thus those batch files will not work like they should when you have entered a wrong password. As long as that bug is not fixed, it is kind of troublesome to use those batch files on large directories.**
Either way, the batch will be updated soonish anyways.

---

EDIT: ** that bug in the LogViewer has been fixed now

;)

This post was edited on 03-16-2011 at 07:19 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-15-2011 08:07 PM
fjkum

I am using Ubuntu 11.04 and would like to only open up all my previously saved .ple encrypted chat logs.
How can I do that?
08-24-2011 01:57 PM
Sue Adel

32 / Female / Flag
For some unknown reason every time I try to open my chat logs it says "Decryption failed please try again with another password chat log." Though I write my password I've checked a hundred times. My old chat logs won't open, though the latest ones work just fine.
I need help please.
01-15-2013 10:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Masterlynk007

35 / Male / Flag
Here is the thing, I used Messenger Plus! long time ago and i used the encrypted option for some logs, now I have returned to retrieve some of them and trash others, but it says I need a password...don't remember if in fact I protected them, still, I've been looking a way to open them....now I'm here. HELP!
01-16-2013 05:58 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
As said countless and countless times in a gazzlion amount of threads and posts (hint: forum search function ftw!):

no, there is no way to decrypt a log without knowing the correct password, sorry...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-16-2013 10:38 PM
Sue Adel

32 / Female / Flag
I know the password it says it's not right, why?
01-18-2013 08:31 PM
nathaliak

Hello,

I've got a problem with decrypting the chatlogs.
I had to uninstall the Plus! a couple days ago, but I have some encrypted chatlogs. Now that i've reinstalled, I don't have access to them, because the password doesn't seem to be stored anymore.

Is there a way restore the files or the old password ?

Thanks.
02-10-2013 09:47 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nathaliak
Now that i've reinstalled, I don't have access to them, because the password doesn't seem to be stored anymore.
What does that bold sentence mean?

You can't open your chat logs unless you enter the correct password, that is another story.

This post was edited below this line a long time after it was originally posted, as a reply to the post below this one (this forum was dead at www.msghelp.net but Menthix has resurrected it and made it read-only so no new reply is allowed, but as you see I managed to edit a post of mine

DOWNLOAD LOG VIEWER.EXE HERE which you need to read your old chat logs

Plus! died a long time ago. But your chat log archive? Is it still alive like mine? On top of that, encrypted and want to keep them encrypted.

I have attached a ZIP file. It includes Log Viewer.exe and a registry entry file, and of course a Read Me.

Version of the Log Viewer.exe is 4.85.0.386 .

Registry entry file will add some essential entries to your registry compatibly with this Log Viewer.exe. Why? Because Log Viewer.exe has a Log Files
section where it lists the content of your log archive directory and it reads the directory's path from registry on the start up. So it adds the path information of your log archive to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live where this Log Viewer.exe reads data from. So yes, you will have to edit the file in order it to address your log archive. Tested on Windows XP. Default key paths preceding Patchou may differ on some newer or 64bit versions of Windows so if necessary take support from Google. DO NOT FORGET THIS!

I also have newer versions of Log Viewer.exe (of Messenger Plus! 6's  or of Messenger Plus! for Skype) however I could not make the registry tweak for them to list the log archive directory's content. Yet, not necessary, at least for me, since all my log archive is from the old version's times.

.zip File Attachment: Log Viewer.exe.zip (521.93 KB)
This file has been downloaded 130 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-29-2020 at 09:56 PM by ahmetgns.
02-17-2013 06:59 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Crotia

Hi,

Is there a way to get JUST the log viewer exe?

Thanks!
08-27-2013 02:50 AM
Pages: (9): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: