What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug with email checker and Vista

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Bug with email checker and Vista
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Bug with email checker and Vista
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'm still pretty damn sure it'S caused by another software installed on your system. Try this: tell Messenger Plus! not to display notifications when you're busy, set your status to Busy and wait for an email check (you can verify this in the event log).
Patchou, did you forget this or changed the codes about it;

Show Messenger Plus! &popup notifications when Busy

Tooltip: Note: some features may act independently of this option.\nFor example, new external mail notifications are always shown, even with this option unchecked.
07-22-2007 06:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Scary674

so the email bug must be definitly a msgplus bug! i reinstalled now windows vista and complete new actually windows live messenger inclusive the update from windows update and then now other patch, nor ad patcht etc, only msg plus live. and prompt, there is still the error message when i recieve the mail notification :(
07-22-2007 09:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
I'm still pretty damn sure it'S caused by another software installed on your system. Try this: tell Messenger Plus! not to display notifications when you're busy, set your status to Busy and wait for an email check (you can verify this in the event log).

Tooltip: Note: some features may act independently of this option.\nFor example, new external mail notifications are always shown, even with this option unchecked.
Plus! > Preferences > General > E-Mail Accounts > Display popup notifications when new emails are received

quote:
Originally posted by Scary674
i reinstalled now windows vista and complete new
Did you formatted first?

PS: Even if you formatted (otherwise it is not a total clean install), it still can be a bug in Windows Vista though...

This post was edited on 07-22-2007 at 10:59 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2007 10:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:

Plus! > Preferences > General > E-Mail Accounts > Display popup notifications when new emails are received
Yeah, I forgot that option really, but I think Patchou forgot it too. Since he said changing status to Busy, I think he thought that option will disable pop-ups for POP account emails. Because the option which you wrote has nothing to do with Busy status, does it?

This post was edited on 07-22-2007 at 04:04 PM by ahmetgns.
07-22-2007 03:59 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
No it is NOT a bug in Plus!, I insist very heavily on this. This error message cannot, in any way, be generated by Messenger Plus!. One other user on the forum fixed this problem by uninstalling an antispyware software.

I do want to find the cause of the problem but I also assure you it's not a bug in the software (but if we find the actual reason, I may be able to add a workaround depending on what is the cause).
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-22-2007 05:06 PM
Scary674

yes i have formatted first and then clean install of vista. and it cant be a problem with any antispyware software cause for me, there is nothing installed on clean vista only from vista setup the windows defender. but i installed vista and then messenger and plus addon and nothing more. so there is still the problem
07-22-2007 06:55 PM
Scary674

no new answers or tip to using msg plus without these error message?
08-04-2007 10:32 AM
bloodysneaker

Hi!! I've the same problem here!! The error windows is like the one that posted splizzer in the first page(yeah mine isn't in german but in english and the title says "BAD IMAGE")! The problem occours every time an email toast ist's going to appear(1 or 2 second before)!! The first time that the message appears my win vista x64 I have installed only driver of my devices and the updates from windows update!! I don't say that it's a bug of plus, but i try to find the guilty of that message and maybe the help from other affected can drive me to a solution!!
Ps: with the join toast the message won't appear

Good bye
Pps: My english sucks :( sorry

This post was edited on 09-09-2007 at 05:48 PM by bloodysneaker.
09-09-2007 05:47 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Followup on this issue: I can now confirm 100% this error is caused when Messenger Plus! tries to load some DirectX drivers (to check if a game is running before displayign the toast). So this is either caused by your graphic driver or by a codec installed on your system.

One thing I found as a possible cause was RealPlayer 11 on Vista. If you have it installed, can you please try to uninstall it (even just temporarily) to see if it fixes your issue? (this message is for anybody having the problem).

Thanks.

This post was edited on 09-17-2007 at 08:29 PM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-17-2007 08:27 PM
Darken

49 / Male / Flag
Any update on this issue? :)
11-14-2007 04:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode