What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » 7 reasons the world will end in 2012

Pages: (26): « First « 19 20 21 22 [ 23 ] 24 25 26 » Last »
Do you think the world will end in 2012..?
This poll is closed.
Yes 26 15.95%
No 137 84.05%
Total: 163 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

7 votes - 2.57 average   7 reasons the world will end in 2012
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012
I think you need to ask your teacher again to explain it properly then, because CO2 or whatever gas (might not be CO2 itself but accompanying gasses) sure contributes a big part of it, although indirectly. Or he is actually talking about something else, like how the earth regulates its own "termostat" so to speak to keep temperature somewhat balanced (as that is very roughly speaking what the oceans do). But that the oceans are responsible to the global warming is a bit wrong I think.

Global warming is not something which is been going on since the start of time (in fact, it would be more like global cooling if anything). Global warming is what we understand about the rapid (most likely unnatural) warming up of the earth as the result of the green house effect.

This post was edited on 04-01-2008 at 06:17 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-01-2008 06:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Aardvark

Waterfall! :O

32 / Male / Flag
Yeah I figured there was something dodgy about what I said, it was a bit of a vague memory so he probably did say something else along those lines of what you've mentioned
04-01-2008 06:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry_Blossom
wasnt there something about the world ending in 2000?

or am i being thick lol

Y2K

--
Also, the oceans have been letting off CO2 gas since forever, it's part of a natural process of diffusion, the reason Humans are blamed for Global Warming is because there was a very delicate balance and we're upsetting that balance, even if only by adding 1% more CO2 gas to the atmosphere.

IMO however, I'm not worried about global warming, I believe it is just because we are on the peak of a hot spot, in other words we're leaving a ice age, will reach a peak and then will fall into another ice age. The real issue is scientists believe we are speeding up this process, but I mean, if it's gunna happen, why does it matter how fast it comes..

This post was edited on 04-01-2008 at 07:31 AM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
04-01-2008 07:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Cherry_Blossom

35 / Female / Flag
I love it when men talk sience lol

If global warming has been happening since like forever then surely we only caused a very small part of it coz we aint been here forever

p.s. i appolagize for my spelling (am dyslexic) and gramma n stuff lol
04-01-2008 09:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Aardvark

32 / Male / Flag
Actually considering the population of earth and if you actually watch smoke come out of a truck IN REAL LIFE you realize how scary and disgusting it is, and it becomes evident this is real and how it can and has happened in such a "short" period of time.

This post was edited on 04-01-2008 at 10:00 AM by Aardvark.
04-01-2008 09:48 AM
Cherry_Blossom

35 / Female / Flag
I wernt saying it wasnt real i just cant believe its all our fault. to be honest i think the world is trying to clean itself but may have watched day after tomorrow 1 too many times
04-01-2008 09:59 AM
Aardvark

32 / Male / Flag
I wasn't saying you said it wasn't real I was just stating my own personal experience, as well as the fact it's very possible we could've caused it in a very short time frame.
04-01-2008 10:01 AM
Cherry_Blossom

35 / Female / Flag
to be honest i think we cant change it now its already happening and at such a rate prob the best we can do is slow it down minutly and to that every single person would have to change to green energy but atm its more expensive so not many ppl will do it. plus i ride a motorbike dont drive a car so i have less imissions anyway :P
04-01-2008 10:19 AM
Svip
Board's Foremost Baby-Eater

I eat babies.

37 / Other / Flag
Global Warming hasn't been happening since forever.  Only since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.  Sure there have been CO2 going up in the air since forever.  But the balance between what nature produced and the planet's temperature was perfect.

Then we add some more CO2 to the mix and the balance breaks.  That is what the whole thing is about!
[Image: weredoomed4ds.png]
04-01-2008 02:48 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry_Blossom
to be honest i think we cant change it now its already happening and at such a rate prob the best we can do is slow it down minutly and to that every single person would have to change to green energy but atm its more expensive so not many ppl will do it. plus i ride a motorbike dont drive a car so i have less imissions anyway :P
I have to disagree that we may be to late to try and change it, i think it is still possible to change it, but possibly by 2015 it may be to late to then try and start changing it, the only problem is governments do not want the expenses of keeping the world clean.
...there used to be a signature here :)
04-01-2008 03:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (26): « First « 19 20 21 22 [ 23 ] 24 25 26 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: