What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » 7 reasons the world will end in 2012

Pages: (26): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
Do you think the world will end in 2012..?
This poll is closed.
Yes 26 15.95%
No 137 84.05%
Total: 163 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

7 votes - 2.57 average   7 reasons the world will end in 2012
Author: Message:
Shippo

Kawaii Kitsune Youkai

33 / Male / Flag
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012
Well, so much can happen in time. Never know to be honest..
[Image: kirei_sig.jpg]
12-21-2007 12:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012
quote:
Originally posted by Graverock
I'm sorry I didn't read everything on this thread but I just have to reply to what this guy CookieRevised had to say cause I think he needs some glasses abd naybe a brain, so let me hit you with some knowledge..

1) You may have a point abuot the mayans, but I hope it does end on Friday December 21, 2012, cause coincidentally I was born Friday December 21, 1990, so I find that cool.

2)The dude never said the Sun would turn into a red giant or anything, and plus, dude, Sun Storms can not only knock out satellites but they can crash and destroy and mess up electronic equipment on Earth, such as radio frequencies, Televisions, COMputer's and other electronic devices, and MAY I SAY THIS, America is based ALL on electronical devices and equiptment, so if a massive Sun storm such as the one that's gonna happen in 2012 occurs, Bye bye America cause we won't be able to use anything electronic, aka, we're gonna get sent back over 10 000 years when it comes to technology, so pick up your rocks and stones.

3)"The atom smasher: that is the most paranoid thing of all. Why is it that all of a sudden people cry out loud "oh nooooos, they are building an atom smasher and are creating black holes, we will all blow up"?" just to correct you on that blackholes don't blow up they implode so we'll get sucked up not blown to pieces. ANd though you have somewhat of a point that worrying that the atom smasher is gonna open up a mini black hole and suck us up into a marble, it's a precaution that must be noticed. Think back to the Atomic Bomb, oh, it's a powerful bomb that will help us win the war, they thought, but they had no idea that they would end up scaring the lives of the Japanese that were hit by the A-bombs, the power was so devestating that years later, America and the Soviet Union(i think) agreed on a deal to stop the war, and stop the use of any nuclear bomb, cause of what it can do, so this precaution of the atom smasher should not be overlooked, nor is it BS.

4)I totally agree with you on this point sorry. Armageddon in bibles and stuff like that, I just don't buy it frankly cause I choose a more logical approach then a God who isn't even in our existing plain of life can shut us all down just cause he wants to, that my aquientence, is BS.

5)Yeah this point is also one you've proven quite well, though it would be cool if it were to happen, but yeah, it'll be another 1000 years, then another 10 000, an so forth.

6)That is a possibility BECAUSE there have bee nseveral events in the past, accordingly, that have happened about catestrophic disasters so one happening soon or now is not far fetched. The fact it's gonne be in 2012 is a bit skepticle, but the fact that it's gonne happen is probably true.

7)The poles drifting apart, that seems a little queer to say the least. Containing the fact that if this is supposed to happen to us, it's gonna happen to our other brother planets past the astroid belt. Their magnetic fields will likely fail and the gas will escape, but that hasn't happened, so it's likely not gonna hapen to us, BUT, there is a chance os our arses roasting caus eof lack of a magnetic field due to our green hosue gases tearing (slowly) an opening in our atmosphere, so the chances of us being cooked, not that far fetched either, so look out.

So yeah dude, look at it from a logical sense about some of your points, cause you may be right about somethings, but you gotta keep and open mind about ALL things.

Thank you for making me laugh.
[Image: jumbled.png]
12-23-2007 05:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
OnGuard

Jazmen

35 / Female / Flag
So who do I believe? Paranoid guy or doesn't-believe-a-god-dang-word-of-it Guy?

I can totally see myself holding onto dear life to my love ones 4 days before Christmas (December 21, 2012) and like an Armageddon action movie the world spirals down my screaming throat and we all burst.

To believe or not to believe? I'm not ready to die.
01-15-2008 12:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
melissaIvory

Soboj ostat'sya dol'she

this isn't even relevant to any of us. so i'm going away now.
01-15-2008 07:25 AM
user44571
Disabled Account

"7 reasons people are idiots"

Please refer to post #1
01-15-2008 08:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
calilo

SuperMasterTexter

34 / Female / Flag
THE END OF THE WORLD!!! again.. haha.
wow. the world is ending every year. geez. does this mean every year we get to be reborn and crap??

like..

every year.. it ends.. im a virgin again? haha.

just kiddin.

i dont believe it.

i betcha.. in 2012
when none of this happens... they are going to make 10 more different reasons why its going to end in 2030. watch. just watch.
[Image: funny-6.jpg]
01-15-2008 09:05 AM
stanmcman

wow...i actually read ALL the posts...truly dizzying.  And I have 2 comments:

1) Live every day as if it were your last.

2) Life is uncertain...eat dessert first!
01-15-2008 05:39 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
I predict the world will end on January 19, 2038

What is, the date when UNIX have the bug in the calendar? I don't think that world end with UNIX :P
Then you don't know the world
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
01-15-2008 06:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
calilo

SuperMasterTexter

34 / Female / Flag
lol i cant believe all this paranoia. listen to the facts that were posted. seriously. every year for about the seventeen (17) PLUS years, the media, or whomever has CLAIMED the world was going to end. I agree that if it wasnt the mayan calendar that claims we are going to die, end, parish, whatever.. it would have been another calendar.

Facts people, Facts.

Just because (no offense) words in a book.. say this and that are going to happen, doesnt mean they will. Have you ever read Dr. Suess or Stephen King?? none of that happened. haha.

c'mon. wake up. your okay.
[Image: funny-6.jpg]
01-15-2008 07:32 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012
quote:
Originally posted by calilo
Have you ever read Stephen King?? none of that happened. haha.

you mean......John Coffey isn't real :O

:'(
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5204 days, 12 hours, 27 minutes, 27 seconds ago
01-15-2008 07:46 PM
Pages: (26): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend