What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » is there Plus! for WLM 8.5?

Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
is there Plus! for WLM 8.5?
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: is there Plus! for WLM 8.5?
quote:
Originally posted by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE-
Hmm.. Keep inmind that 8.0 did have a couple of skin changes during the beta.
I was also going to mention this. The skin changed a lot, so I imagine the current look of this 8.5 is no where near what the final will look like :P

Oh, and I didn't install it; too much bother for something that's not much different to 8.1

This post was edited on 05-28-2007 at 12:32 AM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
05-28-2007 12:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
jajajaja that's not even real... so don't worry... trust me that you won't be able to know how it will look like...

That "leaked wlm" looks like a normal wlm 8.1 skinned be the vista skin with a few of modifications...

[Image: vista_live85.jpg]

I reshacked it and if you compare it... you will noticed things very fun... Look this and you will be laughing by this joke!!! :o)

[Image: about.png]

The only thing that can get you think that this is real is the appearing of a new emoticon on it... the bunny ('.') ---> [Image: bunny.png]

This post was edited on 05-28-2007 at 01:59 AM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
05-28-2007 01:50 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
felipEx
Scripting Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: is there Plus! for WLM 8.5?
:O
i have the installer without "MessengerAdictos" ads,  anyway
(ES_Install_WLMessenger_8_5.exe)

Edit:
i can see the bunny ('.')

This post was edited on 05-28-2007 at 02:07 AM by felipEx.
05-28-2007 01:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: is there Plus! for WLM 8.5?
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
The only thing that can get you think that this is real is the appearing of a new emoticon on it...

The files are all signed by Microsoft (not tampered with) and I believe it contains more OneCare integration.
05-28-2007 02:02 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: is there Plus! for WLM 8.5?
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
The files are all signed by Microsoft (not tampered with) and I believe it contains more OneCare integration.

You right... my mistake... *-)

Note: btw deAd did you received my PM???

This post was edited on 05-28-2007 at 02:06 AM by warmth.
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
05-28-2007 02:04 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I heard that WLM 8.5 is supporting Multiple Accounts already. Is this true? If so Plus! will remove back its new feature just after 1 year when she first brought it with Live version, won't she?

This post was edited on 05-30-2007 at 06:04 AM by ahmetgns.
05-29-2007 07:39 AM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I heard that WLM 8.5 is supporting Multiple Accounts already. Is this true?

As far as i can see it does no support polygamy (ability to sign in to multiple Windows Live ID accounts).

Unless you're talking about the ability to have multiple instances of Messenger signed-in to the same ID (as posted as a future feature by Mess.be), if so, then i don't know. Haven't thought of trying it. But i wouldn't be suprised if it's not, as this is still a VERY EARLY build.

quote:
If so Plus! will remove back its new feature just after 1 year when she first brought it with Live version, won't she?

YEs, if this was to be officially supported within Messenger itself, Patchou will remove it from Messenger PLus! Live as well (unless of course he can improve the polygamy functionality to that offered by Microsoft, although i don't think this will be very likely.)

~Salem(@)

This post was edited on 05-29-2007 at 07:55 AM by Salem.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
05-29-2007 07:53 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
Okay, let's clear this up.

This Windows Live Messenger 8.5 is indeed real, as confirmed by a number of sources and the digital signature on the files. Apart from the (awesome) design, no big visual chances have been made.

Messenger Plus! Live and StuffPlug 3 can be loaded in WLM 8.5, and some features will work (contest, statusses, formatting in the contact list) and some won't (logging, formatting in chats, all chat commands). Please, don't report so-called "bugs", because they are no bugs but features incompatible with a not supported version of Messenger. You should be happy Patchou programmed his add-on in such way that some can still work on this new version!

I'm using it because I like how the design fits with Vista, but I'll probably downgrade when Vista Live Messenger hits release. I just hope they won't change it too dramatically during the testing phase... I'm loving it! :)

quote:
jajajaja that's not even real... so don't worry... trust me that you won't be able to know how it will look like...

That "leaked wlm" looks like a normal wlm 8.1 skinned be the vista skin with a few of modifications...

[ Image ]
This has been discussed on the mess.be forums too. And I came to the same conclusion: nuno peralta stole Microsoft's image resources, makes a skin of it. Microsoft uses their resources and because nuno stole them, the end product looks a bit similar. Nuno gets excited and claims they stole his idea. An example, he highlights the resemblance between the min/max/close buttons, while those are just a complete rip from the Vista buttons. But still, nuno thinks they stole his work. Now honestly, who stole from who? I think it's clear. EDIT: He also confirmed that this was meant to be a joke, and it shouldn't be taken serious. Just. Drop. It.

quote:
I reshacked it and if you compare it... you will noticed things very fun... Look this and you will be laughing by this joke!!! :o)

[Image: about.png]
Well, it's not that hard to get such things when you're using an English msgslang.dll for 8.1 on WLM 8.5. If you "reshacked" a bit better, you'd find out that those message strings are stored in the msgslang.dll, which you copied from 8.1 to 8.5. No further comments needed here.
quote:
The only thing that can get you think that this is real is the appearing of a new emoticon on it... the bunny ('.') ---> [Image: bunny.png]
And that is real. No-one yet succeeded in (or took the time to try?) adding his own default Messenger emoticons by using resource hacking, and thus in my opinion it can only be done by Microsoft itself.

This post was edited on 05-29-2007 at 04:33 PM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-29-2007 04:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:
If so Plus! will remove back its new feature just after 1 year when she first brought it with Live version, won't she?

YEs, if this was to be officially supported within Messenger itself, Patchou will remove it from Messenger PLus! Live as well (unless of course he can improve the polygamy functionality to that offered by Microsoft, although i don't think this will be very likely.)
No!!!

Even if 8.5 supports polygamy (which it does not), the polygamy feature in Plus! will not be removed since Plus! would still be compatible with previous Windows Live Messenger versions, and they do not support polygamy.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-29-2007 05:03 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
Mate did you read two post down??? I edited it... and say that I was wrong... and all became clear to me when I saw the file signatures by microsoft... I did my "reshack" well... but I wanted to make joke of it... :o)

This post was edited on 05-29-2007 at 05:05 PM by warmth.
05-29-2007 05:04 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: