What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Status Icon Version 1.02

Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
[release] Status Icon Version 1.02
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [release] Status Icon Version 1.02
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Cookie (for strange reasons because I dont see where the problem is in releasing his version and just saying thanks to Veggie or based on Veggie's script, etc is) won't release it until he gets the OK from Veggie (which he has) and -dt- I have no clue how he fits into the story.
You simply do not upload a script which is from someone else without the approval of the original author, period.

So, strange reason? I don't think so... Extremely clear reason me thinks...

And creating other threads will certainly not make things any more clear... learn to read a thread instead

I'll upload it when I have time....

[/agitated]
The Linux kernel (as you know) started with people uploading modified versions of other peoples versions (of course giving credit)

There is no "law" that says not to do it. I understand if Veggie makes a 1.03, give it to you, and you choose not to upload it because he said so but even then if you do, there is no law that is against this.

I ment another thread as in to announce your version.

I find it curious that you don't have the time to upload a simple script to the DB but have been able to make 13080 posts since 03. But oh well, Ill wait and thank you for making/uploading it.
03-29-2009 06:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [release] Status Icon Version 1.02
quote:
I understand if Veggie makes a 1.03, give it to you, and you choose not to upload it because he said so but even then if you do, there is no law that is against this.
No there is no law, but you simply don't do it ffs!

Be my guest and upload modified versions of all the scripts in the database (giving credit or not) and let's see how long it takes for people getting mad at you (again) and starting to insult you (again)....

quote:
I ment another thread as in to announce your version.
I knew what you meant.

quote:
I find it curious that you don't have the time to upload a simple script to the DB but have been able to make 13080 posts since 03.
yeah, strange isn't it.... now let's make it 13081 posts... and still no upload... oh boy, the world we live in.... maybe there should be a law against that....

This post was edited on 03-29-2009 at 06:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-29-2009 06:37 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [release] Status Icon Version 1.02
quote:
No there is no law, but you simply don't do it ffs!

Be my guest and upload modified versions of all the scripts in the database (giving credit or not) and let's see how long it takes for people getting mad at you (again) and starting to insult you (again)....

You ignored my comment about the Linux kernel...
And I really dont give a fuck about people getting mad at me or insulting me etc.
Id rerelease this script in a sec if I had time or knowledge to rewrite it and you think people would get mad/insult me for releasing a working version? Think Cookie think...

quote:

yeah, strange isn't it.... now let's make it 13081 posts... and still no upload... oh boy, the world we live in.... maybe there should be a law against that....
Yeah....and Im going to lose sleep over it.
If you wanna ruin it for me (and the rest of the users that want this script), go ahead. I think you are going to piss off alot more people this way than rereleasing someone else's script but oh well, whatever floats your boat Cookie...
03-29-2009 07:35 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [release] Status Icon Version 1.02
quote:
You ignored my comment about the Linux kernel...
so?
quote:
And I really dont give a fuck about people getting mad at me or insulting me etc.
VERY obviously and nothing new either...
quote:
Id rerelease this script in a sec if I had time or knowledge to rewrite it and you think people would get mad/insult me for releasing a working version? Think Cookie think...
Start thinking yourself (although you don't need to think a lot because it is VERY obvious about what I'm talking about). I'm clearly talking about the people who CREATED the original scripts in the first place....
quote:
If you wanna ruin it for me (and the rest of the users that want this script), go ahead. I think you are going to piss off alot more people this way than rereleasing someone else's script but oh well, whatever floats your boat Cookie...
1) if people feel that way then they they might have you to thank for it.
2) If people want, they can PM me for the script.
3) Unlike some, RIAHC4, I do have morals and values and one of them is that I do RESPECT what someone asks me to do, or asks me NOT to do. Something you might try for a change too, you might be surprised with the result.

This post was edited on 03-29-2009 at 08:17 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-29-2009 08:13 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 6 7 8 9 [ 10 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: