What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Results of the 2nd Contest Week

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
Results of the 2nd Contest Week
Author: Message:
Nefzen

ahh! my fingers! my fingers!

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week
This image....
Is so incredibly damn huge that it's annoying >_<
I've been clicking since morning (That was like... more than 12 hours ago?). Woke up because it was too hot, it's still too hot >_<
damn computer radiating heat, and that halogen light bulb isn't helping!
Luckily (or unluckily) I finished most of my tests and tasks last week,  and with the lack of interesting games I have tons of time to play this, hoping to win a console.

It really puzzled me that people continue to go for the same spots even though the heat maps were generated for the last 2 weeks.
And what the hell are those almost perfectly straight lines? To have those lines forming, you need quite a lot of people to make them. Really weird...

OK some statistical figures I've gathered:

a decent person needs about 6~9 seconds between clicks, that means about 400~600 clicks an hour.
chance to wining a specific prize is about 1.8*10^-6
(0.0000018 !!)
supposing that you'll stop after you've won, I figured that you have about a 1/1000 change to win in an hour in that manner, and about 0.1 chance to win within 4~6 days of continues no-stop playing. (now that's REALLY depressing)
a 0.9 change is only achieved within 129 days =/
though with the current situation, with 35 prizes, you have a nice chance of 0.2 (1 in 5) to win a prize within 12 hours
06-11-2007 08:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nefzen
To have those lines forming, you need quite a lot of people to make them. Really weird...
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
For those wondering about the long diagonal line, it’s the result of the simulated clicks made by some of the not-so-bright cheaters.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6547 days, 3 hours, 45 minutes, 2 seconds ago.

06-11-2007 09:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:

a decent person needs about 6~9 seconds between clicks, that means about 400~600 clicks an hour.
(0.0000018 !!)
supposing that you'll stop after you've won, I figured that you have about a 1/1000 change to win in an hour in that manner, and about 0.1 chance to win within 4~6 days of continues no-stop playing. (now that's REALLY depressing)
though with the current situation, with 35 prizes, you have a nice chance of 0.2 (1 in 5) to win a prize within 12 hours
But then you have to remember that this is only if you want to win a specific prize (like a Wii). If you don't mind what you get, chances are far greater, especially if you're clicking non-stop as you mentioned.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
06-12-2007 01:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:

(0.0000018 !!)
But then you have to remember that this is only if you want to win a specific prize (like a Wii). If you don't mind what you get, chances are far greater, especially if you're clicking non-stop as you mentioned.
But you also have to remember that some prizes are locked at particular times so that they are all shared throughout the timezones....
[Image: markee.png]
06-12-2007 02:27 PM
Nefzen

ahh! my fingers! my fingers!

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by markee

But you also have to remember that some prizes are locked at particular times so that they are all shared throughout the timezones....
yup, that idea is pretty depressing.
I wonder how that goes... you can waste a lot of hours just by that...

and erm, I only want a console though a mug would be nice...
and plus, you have to prepare for the worse.

anyways, the number of prizes has changed little since yesterday (only 3 prizes in the last 24 hours or so)
I suppose a lot of people just got depressed, and it's clear why - the only way to win is to click fanatically =/
06-12-2007 05:27 PM
Alaric_de_Souza

56 / Male / –
Hi I tried to do that the same but still not going any where any I will keep trying until I pick a prize, And see what the fuss all about...
     I want the WII and see if I get some thing else because I trying for one I might get some thing else as a Consillation prize
06-12-2007 06:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Crudgemudgein

I noticed the amount of players playing your new game have dropped dramatically since the first round. Are you going to make the choices a lot easier soon? We are a society of instant satisfaction. And instantly, we are not satisfied. Besides, who has the time to stare at a photo all-day-long? I have 2 jobs and go to school to make ends meet and I bet Im not the only one. In fact, didnt your parents ever tell you not to sit so close to the TV and get out and get some exercise? Ya I want to win something once in a while for all the hard work I do and Ya, maybe this wont help me win a prize either but I appreciate a little satisfaction once in a while. Ive been playing your contests since Windows 3.2 was born, but I havent won anything yet and I bet Im not the only one :)
06-12-2007 06:45 PM
Alaric_de_Souza

56 / Male / –
Tongue  RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week
:D  :D Well I glad at least someone know the Feeling lol... :) .. But by heck I will have some thing to keep my mind on forcus on the real thing The Outside World....So I don't get too engrost in the fiction. But it life pleasure where women don't get dragged into these areas.
06-12-2007 07:54 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Crudgemudgein
Ive been playing your contests since Windows 3.2 was born
8-) I don't know if that was supposed to be an exaggeration or if you just don't know what you're talking about.
quote:
the only way to win is to click fanatically =/
It's a matter of pure luck.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
06-12-2007 08:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Crudgemudgein

*Sniff Sarcasm* I've been around since the internet was "text based", and not yesterday coming out of mom's womb like some kids these days, cell phone and daddy's wallet in hand.  Playing contests since Windows 3.2 didnt mean since the release of the OS.  Exaggeration: probably. But the contests have been a farce.. By the third or fourth week of Q6 I think most teams quit because of server and time issues. All that stress for an X360 or Plasma TV, I dunno..

The Windows operating system is a game all of its own. I think we've all been playing the Windows game with its highs and lows, crashes and blue screens of death. Infact I had to laugh on the MSN Blog about MSN Messenger's stability, reliability factor. Loading a Windows OS is as much a gamble as the time we spend looking at a photo to win a hidden prize online. When its done right, you feel like a million bucks. When its done wrong, well you cant get online to enter contests :)
06-12-2007 08:38 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: