What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Results of the 2nd Contest Week

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
Results of the 2nd Contest Week
Author: Message:
Nefzen

ahh! my fingers! my fingers!

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week
quote:
Originally posted by Crudgemudgein
I noticed the amount of players playing your new game have dropped dramatically since the first round. Are you going to make the choices a lot easier soon? We are a society of instant satisfaction. And instantly, we are not satisfied. Besides, who has the time to stare at a photo all-day-long? I have 2 jobs and go to school to make ends meet and I bet Im not the only one. In fact, didnt your parents ever tell you not to sit so close to the TV and get out and get some exercise? Ya I want to win something once in a while for all the hard work I do and Ya, maybe this wont help me win a prize either but I appreciate a little satisfaction once in a while. Ive been playing your contests since Windows 3.2 was born, but I havent won anything yet and I bet Im not the only one :)
I understand you completely, but with more than 1 million players this week, you can expect that more than 99% don't win....
fact is, you have about a 0.001~0.01 chance to win throughout the contest if you click enough... that's not that bad a chance (compared to say, lottery).
"The bigger the risk, the bigger the gain. This is capitalism."
=/
Also, it seems that this week there are quite a few of people giving up... in the last 36 hours there were just 3 wins....  so.. the more chance the ones that continue to play have =D
This damn contest is making me start calculating >_<

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
Ive been playing your contests since Windows 3.2 was born
8-) I don't know if that was supposed to be an exaggeration or if you just don't know what you're talking about.
quote:
Originally posted by Nefzen
the only way to win is to click fanatically =/
It's a matter of pure luck.

hmm... it's a matter of pure probability, and you can increase that.
pretty depressing overall with more than 99% of the players not winning.

This post was edited on 06-12-2007 at 09:03 PM by Nefzen.
06-12-2007 09:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Crudgemudgein

Oh I agree completely (y)

But it would be nice if you could accumulate your clicks so you can qualify for some sort of "runner up prize."

Take Coke for example - You enter your PIN to WIN, if your PIN doesnt WIN, at least you've earned some credits to put towards something else you can buy. You could buy movie passes or something else for instant satisfaction or save for the big ticket items and the long awaited "in-your-face-everybody" :)
06-12-2007 09:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nefzen

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Oh I agree completely (y)

But it would be nice if you could accumulate your clicks so you can qualify for some sort of "runner up prize."

Take Coke for example - You enter your PIN to WIN, if your PIN doesnt WIN, at least you've earned some credits to put towards something else you can buy. You could buy movie passes or something else for instant satisfaction or save for the big ticket items and the long awaited "in-your-face-everybody" :)
that could be cool =D
but then, people with tons of time on their hands would still have an edge... and that would mean less prizes for those winning the direct way...

what people need to do.... is to make a group, and have a very efficient nice site with lots of ads, and have a "clicking game" then.
could be nice.
06-12-2007 09:43 PM
TommyDelly

quote:
Originally posted by Nefzen
quote:
Originally posted by markee

But you also have to remember that some prizes are locked at particular times so that they are all shared throughout the timezones....
yup, that idea is pretty depressing.
I wonder how that goes... you can waste a lot of hours just by that...

and erm, I only want a console though a mug would be nice...
and plus, you have to prepare for the worse.

anyways, the number of prizes has changed little since yesterday (only 3 prizes in the last 24 hours or so)
I suppose a lot of people just got depressed, and it's clear why - the only way to win is to click fanatically =/

The fact that the prizes are locked some times and the fact that there has been only 3 prizes discovered in the last 48 hours make me wonder... this is the 12 days round and 45 prizes.Very first day was discovered about 10 prizes.And now the last two days around 3 maybe 4.There are still around 1000 people clicking at the time.So it made me think that there are only few prizes unlocked.Possibly only 1 to 5 tops. So if u are clicking now maybe there are even no big prizes unlocked.

It could happened that u click on a spot with grand prize, but not in right time.And thats really depresing
06-13-2007 12:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TommyDelly

The fact that the prizes are locked some times and the fact that there has been only 3 prizes discovered in the last 48 hours make me wonder... this is the 12 days round and 45 prizes.Very first day was discovered about 10 prizes.And now the last two days around 3 maybe 4.There are still around 1000 people clicking at the time.So it made me think that there are only few prizes unlocked.Possibly only 1 to 5 tops. So if u are clicking now maybe there are even no big prizes unlocked.

It could happened that u click on a spot with grand prize, but not in right time.And thats really depresing

It's not, don't be such a sinic. It is just the odds, what you see if what you get in this game :).
06-13-2007 02:24 PM
Nefzen

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
fact that there has been only 3 prizes discovered in the last 48 hours make me wonder... this is the 12 days round and 45 prizes.Very first day was discovered about 10 prizes.And now the last two days around 3 maybe 4.There are still around 1000 people clicking at the time.So it made me think that there are only few prizes unlocked.Possibly only 1 to 5 tops. So if u are clicking now maybe there are even no big prizes unlocked.

yes I have thought of it, the prize finding rate has gone down dramatically, it is somewhat strange.
5 prizes were found last night....
actually a friend of mine told me of someone who found a Xbox in the middle of the night (though he was disqualified because he had a "random email" with two @. That is strange...), and that's really a somewhat troubling idea - even after clicking all day, you don't even have the chance.
Well now there are about 300~1000 people opposed to earlier numbers which peaked at around 11,000 (at least when I was playing), numbers sure have gone down, maybe that's enough to explain the drop in prizing. Also, if we considered that some if not a nice portion of them use some stupid cheat scripts, the actual numbers should be lower.

=/
06-14-2007 03:49 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
So it made me think that there are only few prizes unlocked.Possibly only 1 to 5 tops.
Yes, not all prizes are unlocked at the same time, but it has been like that the entire contest. Patchou said prizes will gradually be unlocked throughout the week to give people from all timezones an equal chance. Prizes are also not unlocked all at once to prevent all prizes from being won in a single day.

As Patchou said above, this period will run until June 21st, so it makes sense to unlock the current 45 prizes at a slower rate. However, there are also less people playing than before, so your chances of winning didn't go down, if anything they probably went up.

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
It's not, don't be such a sinic.
It is. Can't find Patchou's post about it that fast, but how else do you think the last few prizes get won on the last day of the contest week each time? If prizes weren't unlocked gradually during the week all prizes would be won in the first day. Unlocking prizes gradually during the week on different times is done to give everyone a chance to win (to prevent people not being able to win because they weren't online on the day new contest week started or they were asleep because of their timezone).

This current "week" will run until the 21st, so prizes will be unlocked slower than the first two contest weeks to prevent prizes running out at the last few days.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-14-2007 05:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week
Note in case you would be wondering: it is guarenteed that at least 1 prize is in the grid at any given time, as long as some prizes are left for the week. In most cases of course, there are many prizes in the grid, unlocked and waiting to be found.
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-14-2007 06:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Your kidding me, I think that's stupid, you may have a winning click but not receive a prise because of your timezone?

I personally feel cheated, it may seem harsh, and well it may make sense practically, but I feel as if my chances of winning have been significantly lowered. This should be made more clear (and it's not clear as I've been testing the system for weeks :P).

Maybe a list of the prises currently active may help? :)
06-14-2007 06:15 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
you may have a winning click but not receive a prise because of your timezone
A click that says there is nothing there isn't a winning click. It wont be a winning click for anybody in a different timezone clicking on the same time either.

quote:
This should be made more clear
It is in the contest rules
quote:
Originally posted by contest rules
Also, prizes may be temporarily locked during the week to insure fair distribution in all time zones and through out the days.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-14-2007 06:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: