What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Results of the 2nd Contest Week

Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
Results of the 2nd Contest Week
Author: Message:
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
I personally feel cheated, it may seem harsh, and well it may make sense practically, but I feel as if my chances of winning have been significantly lowered. T

chance of winning went from 1 in 11932, it as low as 1 in 536966

This post was edited on 06-14-2007 at 08:01 PM by toddy.
06-14-2007 06:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nefzen

ahh! my fingers! my fingers!

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
I personally feel cheated, it may seem harsh, and well it may make sense practically, but I feel as if my chances of winning have been significantly lowered. T

chance of winning went from 1 in 11932, ito as low as 1 in 536966
not entirely accurate...

anyways, the number of players seems to be on the increase, rising slowly to 1,300 and now to 1,821....
06-14-2007 07:30 PM
TommyDelly

quote:

Maybe a list of the prises currently active may help? :)

That would be nice if u could see number of prizes active at the moment. Maye even number of grand prizes left.

Well if not is great anyway cause until this contest lasts i've got the chance to win console  so thank u for that.
06-15-2007 11:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I don't think seeing number of avaliable prizes would help. Because most of the time, it will report 3-7 prizes. So if you consider 536995 pixels, 45 or 3 won't help very much about continuing playing or not.

absorbation's suggestion would be helpful but we are late I think. If it will be published on website or forum, most of the people wouldn't know about it and visit those pages to see the list. And I don't think, it is possible to publish it on the contest page.
06-15-2007 12:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
    quote:Originally posted by absorbation
    you may have a winning click but not receive a prise because of your timezone

A click that says there is nothing there isn't a winning click. It wont be a winning click for anybody in a different timezone clicking on the same time either.

I know that, but say the Wii gets unlocked at 01:00 GMT, the odds of me playing are very slim as I will be in bed. I don't think it is that clear, I've been testing the system pretty well for weeks now, and well, I never knew about it until now :P.

I understand that the prises will go quicker, but I cannot feel as if I am effected by when I play. There was been huge scandal here with competitions being unfair (television phone ins) and it has dominated the press for a while, but it makes a serious point, you should have an equal chance of winning a certain prise whenever you play :).
06-15-2007 01:18 PM
Nefzen

34 / Male / Flag
the problem is,
if people see there aren't any interesting prizes they'll stop.
like say, when the week is coming to its end and there are only a few prizes left...
sure there's still people playing after all prizes are won, but meh.

anyways, I think the release hour is more or less random, and even if its released while you're asleep it's not that probable that someone else finds it...
especially with the low figures now.
06-15-2007 01:56 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I totally agree, the measures need to be in place. In fact this is one of those things without a solution. That being said doing this is wrong, it does change the game, and I could of clicked a winning pixel, but I didn't win because it was not active at the time :P.
06-15-2007 02:01 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
I totally agree, the measures need to be in place. In fact this is one of those things without a solution. That being said doing this is wrong, it does change the game, and I could of clicked a winning pixel, but I didn't win because it was not active at the time :P.
The thing I disapprove of is the count which says "30 prizes remaining" (for example) when there may be as little as 1 actual prize on the grid, it's misleading. Not to mention the "Your next click may reveal a Nintendo Wii" when it clearly will not if it isn't even on the grid - I understand the word 'may' has been used but it is still misleading and I believe isn't a correct use of the word as 'may' implies that there is a possibility that it will occur when the game knows that there isn't.
That being said, I don't really care even though I honestly believe I must have one of the highest click counts on this game - I never win anything anyway...

This post was edited on 06-15-2007 at 02:50 PM by Volv.
06-15-2007 02:48 PM
Nefzen

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
mmm if the rules had "Prizes will be slowly released throughout the week in different hours in order to give a fare chance for everyone" that would be better, ne?

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:
The thing I disapprove of is the count which says "30 prizes remaining" (for example) when there may be as little as 1 actual prize on the grid, it's misleading. Not to mention the "Your next click may reveal a Nintendo Wii" when it clearly will not if it isn't even on the grid - I understand the word 'may' has been used but it is still misleading and I believe isn't a correct use of the word as 'may' implies that there is a possibility that it will occur when the game knows that there isn't.
That being said, I don't really care even though I honestly believe I must have one of the highest click counts on this game - I never win anything anyway...
hmm but most chances that you won't win it anyways, and so the practically zero chance is no different from actual zero. :s
After some clicks you kinda figure it out that is a reallllly big "may" anyways.
plus winning another big prize is just as good
06-15-2007 03:44 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Results of the 2nd Contest Week
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
you may have a winning click but not receive a prise because of your timezone
A click that says there is nothing there isn't a winning click. It wont be a winning click for anybody in a different timezone clicking on the same time either.
I know that, but say the Wii gets unlocked at 01:00 GMT, the odds of me playing are very slim as I will be in bed. I don't think it is that clear, I've been testing the system pretty well for weeks now, and well, I never knew about it until now :P.
It has been said many times during testing and even in public threads though...

quote:
I understand that the prises will go quicker, but I cannot feel as if I am effected by when I play. There was been huge scandal here with competitions being unfair (television phone ins) and it has dominated the press for a while, but it makes a serious point, you should have an equal chance of winning a certain prise whenever you play :).
The point with locking the prizes is exactly to make it so that everybody in whatever timezone gets an equal chance.

You might be sleeping when the Wii gets unlocked, but the people on the other side of the world would be sleeping when you are awake and when the PS3 gets unlocked...

quote:
Originally posted by Nefzen
the problem is,
if people see there aren't any interesting prizes they'll stop.
like say, when the week is coming to its end and there are only a few prizes left...
exactly

And you can see this happening each time Patchou (or someone else) says a certain big price has won.

But, this can be both negative and positive. The less people playing the more chance you have to win something. The sad part is that it kills the surprise to know what you could be winning.

quote:
Originally posted by Nefzen
mmm if the rules had "Prizes will be slowly released throughout the week in different hours in order to give a fare chance for everyone" that would be better, ne?
it is:
quote:
Originally posted by CONTEST RULES
Also, prizes may be temporarily locked during the week to insure fair distribution in all time zones and through out the days.

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
The thing I disapprove of is the count which says "30 prizes remaining" (for example) when there may be as little as 1 actual prize on the grid, it's misleading.
It actually is not misleading though. There _are_ 30 prizes (out of 45) remaining to win this week.

--------------------------------------

BTW: those who are complaining, isn't it a bit out of frustration that you didn't won anything yet? Imho, it is a little bit part of it, no? :p
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-16-2007 12:49 AM
Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: