What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Cinema VS Downloads

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Poll: Would you go the movies more if it was cheaper/free?
Yes - I would stop downloading movies / buying dvds
No- I prefer to download movies / buy dvds
I would go more- but I would still download movies and stuff
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Cinema VS Downloads
Author: Message:
joemailey

38 / Male / –
RE: Cinema VS Downloads
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
waste of money/time, too many people in one room, cant do what you want

Its cinema, all your suppose to do is watch the movie. scratch ur ass.

relax n chill.

althou i ain't been in a while. but shall be going to watch transformers because i love that :-) lmao well use to as a kid. movie looks awesome. the type of effects best to see in cinema or watch on HD!!
06-25-2007 07:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
i usually work and/or eat* while watching a movie to save time

*real food, not the crap they sell at the cinema
06-25-2007 07:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
erm, i simply do not watch movies. where's the option for that?
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
06-25-2007 07:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I even don't wanna vote in this poll as I find the "buy dvds" and "download movies" two very extremely different things which can not be compared at all. Even the title brings a big EEEK to me. Buying DVDs is not the same as downloading illegal stuff, in any way...

---

As for the going to the cinema, the prizes here (see flag :p) are very cheap already, you can't buy a dvd from that (or even be bothered to d/l a very crappy copy).

I useually only go the the cinema for the movies which you 'need' to see on the big screen to get the full effect and experience. Viewing a normal thriller (even if it is a so called blockbuster) in the cinema is a total waste of money (even with the low rates here) in my opinion. You can just as well watch that on tv in stereo.

I buy a lot of dvds on a very regular basis.

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
waste of money/time, too many people in one room, cant do what you want
I can relate to that a bit.

When I go to the cinema to view an 'epic' movie I usually go in the last days it is screened. Reason being, you don't get destracted from the massive amount of people oooh'ing and boo'ing, that couple behind you who find eachothers ears and nostrils more interesting, that little girl in front of you crunching on some chips 'n cookies, that dude next to you who can't sit still and goes to the toilet every 5 minutes, etc...

The best movie experiences I've had were the ones where I was more or less alone (together with no more than 10 people) in the room. You are really sucked into it then, and you don't get a strange look when you stay in your seat to view the end titles...

This post was edited on 06-25-2007 at 07:52 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2007 07:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
Living in Australia we get a lot of movies weeks sometimes months apart from the US. So that also plays a role in the 'cinemas vs downloading' game.

I love going to the movies. What I do hate are people who talking during. Or play with their mobile phones. Don't ever get on my bad side when I am watching a movie. I've been known to throw cups of coke at people who ruin my expierence and others.

I wish movies were cheaper. Tickets cost around $10 ($7 on cheap tuesdays) and popcorn and coke can amount to nearly another $10. Big rip off if you ask me.

So the answer to the question, I would rather watch a good movie at a cinema. Downloading can have its benefits though like wanting to watch a movie on DVD but can't because it takes months for it to reach Australia. Then I go buy the DVD.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
06-28-2007 03:57 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I would definitely go more to the movies if it was cheaper, however I download and buy movies sometimes simply because I missed them in theatres, or because it's an older film.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
06-28-2007 04:14 PM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
If it was cheaper, and easily accessible, then I would.
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
06-28-2007 04:24 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I even don't wanna vote in this poll as I find the "buy dvds" and "download movies" two very extremely different things which can not be compared at all. Even the title brings a big EEEK to me. Buying DVDs is not the same as downloading illegal stuff, in any way...
Dont think he was particularly affiliating the two as equivalents, he's just asking if you would go to the cinema or not go to the cinema respectively.

That being said, I used to go to the cinema quite often but I don't really go much anymore. The only things which I go to the cinemas for are things which I absolutely have to see the day they come out (yep, that means Revenge of the Sith :D) and some of those 3D movies (yes, I know that the target audience of Chicken Little was little children but it was in 3D!).
I also occasionally go with friends to see movies but that doesn't happen too often, only once every couple of months or so.

I agree with linx05 though that the gap between Australian releases and the US can at times be quite frustrating (eg. Lord of War which was released on DVD in the US months before it was released in aussie cinemas) so I do at times use alternative means to obtain them.
I also agree with the fact that the food and drinks at the cinema are horribly overpriced - a small box of popcorn is like $4 or something silly like that.

I just think it's a lot more comfortable to sit at home and to be able to pause to go to the kitchen to get more snacks and such. However, almost every movie I've downloaded I most likely would never have seen in my life (unless it came on TV and I was watching the right channel at the right time).

This post was edited on 06-28-2007 at 05:41 PM by Volv.
06-28-2007 05:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

When I go to the cinema to view an 'epic' movie I usually go in the last days it is screened.

The best movie experiences I've had were the ones where I was more or less alone (together with no more than 10 people) in the room. You are really sucked into it then, and you don't get a strange look when you stay in your seat to view the end titles...

Same here.

shame it's waaay too expensive in England to enjoy really.

I love watching the credits, infact I was really pissed off once as they cut it off before the music/clips from X video were shown as i wanted to find out what a certain song and video clip used were from
06-28-2007 05:37 PM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
I love watching the credits,

hmm, (Y)
And there are also some special clips and stuff after the credits sometimes.
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
06-28-2007 06:05 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: