What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! Live + Fantasia 2007 in Montreal

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Messenger Plus! Live + Fantasia 2007 in Montreal
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Plus! Live + Fantasia 2007 in Montreal
Hello,

It’s not every day that you have the chance to be part of something as big as the Fantasia Film Festival. Fantasia is the name of one of the biggest and most popular genre film festival organised every year in North America and I’m proud to announce that Messenger Plus! Live will be presenting/sponsoring one of this year’s movies. If you live in the area of Montreal, I urge you to visit fantasiafestival.com and get tickets for some of the movies (there are 150 of them) that will be presented before the festival ends, on July 23rd.

[Image: cityofv.jpg]One movie in particular you must not miss is The City of Violence which is the one movie I will be presenting this year. Don’t be fooled by the name, this is not a horror movie. This excellent piece of work from Korean director Ryoo Seung-wan is meant to be “what may be the definitive contemporary Asian action-drama, lean, mean and damn good-looking”. If you enjoy martial art and non-stop action, that’s what you’ll need to see this summer (and if you get the official program, search for the advertisement of your favourite Messenger add-on too ;-).

Screening times for the movies are July 20th at 7:15pm (Friday, biggest theatre) and July 22nd at 3:20pm (Sunday, smaller theatre) and to celebrate the event, I’m inviting all of you to join me for a drink and some appetizers after Friday’s screening. In addition, I’m offering 28 tickets for the movie, that’s right, free tickets (sorry, all the free tickets have been distributed already. You can still order your tickets online and send me an email at fantasia2007@msgpluslive.net if you want to be invited at the get-together meeting).

All you have to do is send me an e-mail telling me whether you want one or two tickets (if you want to bring a friend with you) along with your shipping address. I’ll randomly select people from the e-mails I receive and the tickets will be mailed to you along with a special exclusive Messenger Plus! Live / Fantasia t-shirt that you’ll be asked to wear at the screening. Free tickets, free shirt, free food: I think that should cover it.

Of course, if too many people request tickets and I’m not able to send shirts to everybody, you’ll all still be invited to the get-together after the movie (I’ll email you the place and time of the meeting). Also, remember that I only have a limited number of tickets to give so please be sure you’ll be able to be there on July 20th before requesting anything (it’s not like the tickets cost much anyway if you were to make-up your mind at the last minute).

When time permits, I’ll be attending some other movies during the festival so if you see me (I’ll probably be wearing a Plus! shirt), come and say hi :-). I hope to see a maximum number of people for the screening of The City of Violence and in the meantime, don’t hesitate to try out many of the other movies presented during the weeks of July! Fantasia is the only event in Montreal where you can see some of the greatest movies coming directly from Asia, many of them will never be presented outside of the festival so check the listing and see you soon!

French note: et si vous préférez parler en français, ne vous inquiétez pas, je ferai en sorte que la réunion soit bilingue, ça me changera de parler un peux dans ma langue natale sans mon mauvais accent anglais :-).

Fantasia Film Festival web site: http://www.fantasiafestival.com
The City of Violence web site (with a nice trailer) : http://www.cityofviolence.co.uk
[Image: fantasia-banner.jpg]

This post was edited on 07-13-2007 at 07:34 PM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-11-2007 04:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
wolfeboy100

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live + Fantasia 2007 in Montreal
It all seems like it will be fun there, I wish I could be going, but I'm far away :( .
hope it all goes well
[Image: signature-user=76&back=4&clr=106,141,166&size=100.png]
07-11-2007 04:35 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
HOT!.

WOW YES!

* prashker can't wait

* prashker emails :cheesy: :o.

* prashker requests 2 tickets.

JA sux <3.

This post was edited on 07-11-2007 at 05:46 AM by prashker.
07-11-2007 04:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
* albert is in! :)

Which movie theater though?!

Never mind, found it on the website.

This post was edited on 07-11-2007 at 05:02 AM by albert.
07-11-2007 04:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
Awesome!...but Hong Kong is too far away...:(

Have fun!
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6524 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes, 32 seconds ago.

07-11-2007 04:57 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
buy a plane ticket and ill be there :refuck:

j/k, have fun people :)

This post was edited on 07-12-2007 at 07:36 PM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
07-11-2007 04:58 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I'd absolutely love to attend, but I can't walk there. It's already 2 hours away. I might talk to my dad about it, but no promises. Until then, I won't email you.

Great that you're getting Plus! even more out there with this though;)
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
07-11-2007 05:02 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
If someone sponsors my plan ticket, I'd get their show ticket tbh :refuck:

The worst time not to be in CanCanland :(
Have fun guys :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-11-2007 05:31 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
By the way Patchou, are we going to get a confirmation to know if we actually are going to get tickets? Because if I am not picked, I would like to be able to buy some tickets while there are still some..

Perfect, thanks for the info! :)

This post was edited on 07-11-2007 at 05:47 AM by albert.
07-11-2007 05:34 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Live + Fantasia 2007 in Montreal
You'll get an email whether you're selected or not by Friday for the first batch of requests. If tickets are still available after that, a second batch will be dispatched on Wednesday.
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-11-2007 05:41 AM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: