What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat »

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Author: Message:
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked 
Well, I don't know if Patchou was about to create a thread or such, or if anyone was entitled to that, but I just got home at 2:20, and decided I'd give you all a bit of a short version of what has been the fantasia 2007, aka Plus! Montreal meeting!

So everything started up with all of us meeting at the Concordia Grand Hall (which was the movie theater) now I had some problems finding the place with my friends, but apparently, we were just being retarded.

The movie was scheduled to start at 7h15 PM, another proof that theory and practice mode are different. The movie didn't start before 7h45, and the 30 minutes that we spent waiting were outside, under a semi-raining day, standing up.

Finally, we get in to what I consider being one of the biggest movies room I ever been into. (Okay, the Forum one might have been bigger, but still.) Now there was some talking about the whole fantasia event (thanks for being there, thanks to the sponsors.. etc.) And the movie finally started, after an impressive Ubisoft game preview named something with assasins.

Now the movie was in itself good. A lot of action, a bit hard to follow since all the characters do look a bit alike, and the names are not the easiest to remember. I think what I liked the most was the humour in the movie, which made it pretty funny.

Now the funniest part though is when they stopped the movie, and kicked us all out of the theater, at what we thought was the final scene (aka good guy vs bad guy fight).

At first I looked to my friend and asked him if it was a joke, thinking how the hell could they just stop the movie like that?!  Apparently, it was not. We all got kicked out of not only the big screening room, but the entire building.

It's about 15 minutes later, waiting for them to let us back in that we realized that the whole thing was actually a bomb alert problem. Pretty funny to notice afterwards the huge amount of time we took to get out, and the very small distance we stood outside the theater. To short things up : if there was really a bomb, we would've all died.

By the way, the theories of the bombs made up by plussers! :
a) Patchou didn't have enough funds for the sponsoring, so the crowd only got so much of the movie.
b) People who's movie would be delayed decided to end our watching session earlier.
c) Well.. Bin ladin didn't find the movie really good.

So after getting to not see the end of the movies, we all hit to the Scores (restaurant) and we all ordered some nice food. On the menu was a lot of questions to Patchou, which a few answers were pretty pleasant to hear.

Now I don't know if I'm actually allowed mentioning what I heard about the next messenger plus! version's features, but I will only say that it is pretty good!

So that was about the night, after getting kicked out of Scores (actually, we got out, but the waitress eyes meant for us to leave. =P) me, sam, his dad, and 3 others guys which name I can't remember went to the arcades, where me and sam got attacked by huge spiders and bees! :O

So yeah, that was about the night. I totally forgot to take pictures, but I'm sure someone will post theirs soon enough.

Bottom line :

That was a nice night, I'm sure will be present at other Montreal meetings!
That being said, goodnight everyone ( I have a 12 hours shift in.. about 6 hours and a half. :( )

Thanks for everything Patchou!

Oh and Sam, I got 884 high score. :D

This post was edited on 07-21-2007 at 06:41 AM by albert.
07-21-2007 06:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
Good to see you all had a great time.. ignoring the bomb threat and the delays :P

lol at C (Though you spelled his name terribly wrong)

This post was edited on 07-21-2007 at 07:02 AM by Rolando.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
07-21-2007 06:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by albert
So everything started up with all of us meeting
who exactly? :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
07-21-2007 07:54 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mathieumg

34 / Male / Flag
Didn't see your thread before, so I posted here.

This post was edited on 07-21-2007 at 08:01 AM by mathieumg.
Official MessengerPlus! Live French Translator
Official StuffPlug 3 French Translator

:)
07-21-2007 08:00 AM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
Haha, good to hear you all had a laugh and such. :P
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
07-21-2007 11:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
tony

36 / Male / Flag
pics or it did not happen :P
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
07-21-2007 12:57 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
after an impressive Ubisoft game preview named something with assasins.
Named something with assassins? :o
SOMETHING with assassins?

How dare you insult this game! PS: j/k
Assassin's Creed is going to be awesomeness to the max!
</offtopic> :p

EDIT: Thought I should probably post something somewhat relevant to the thread:
I wish I could have come, being in aussieland sucks :(

This post was edited on 07-21-2007 at 03:41 PM by Volv.
07-21-2007 03:39 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'll post pics about the evening later today :).

That was a great event indeed, I really enjoyed meeting with everyone. I didn't know SonicSam would be so quiet though :banana:
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-21-2007 05:48 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P.
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I didn't know SonicSam would be so quiet though 

That must've been because he didn't understand french so well, therefore couldn't follow the conversation. =P
07-21-2007 06:09 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
quote:

That must've been because he didn't understand french so well, therefore couldn't follow the conversation. =P

I understood perfectly, I just can't talk and try to comprehend at the same time. Like I'd need to think of something to say, then translate it to french, and by the time that happened you changed topic =p.

quote:

I'd be talking more if I could speak french better ;(. Don't worry, I'll be the ENGLIIIISHSHSHSHSH MONSTER in Toronto, then I'll be the one laughing :banana:.

Oh well, enjoy your 2 presents Patchou.
quote:
Oh and Sam, I got 884 high score

RAAAAA, well Im like 4 years younger and got like 830max my first try, the others I got tired ;<.
quote:
The movie was scheduled to start at 7h15 PM, another proof that theory and practice mode are different. The movie didn't start before 7h45, and the 30 minutes that we spent waiting were outside, under a semi-raining day, standing up.

Ugh yeah, what crap :dodgy:.

Oh well, anyways to prove that I am cool, I am the only person Patchou's girlfriend reckognized :cheesy:. "Euh, est tu SonicSam?" (Uh, are you SonicSam?) she asked me, although I wasen't ready for french, my mind has to do a 5second mind transfer for me to comprehend that it was french, so being myself I said, "what, quoi?" and she repeated it I think and she took a picture of me and my dad snook into the picture :dodgy: ;p.

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
So everything started up with all of us meeting
who exactly? =P

Me and dad
Patchou / girlfriend and his friends?
Albert and friend
matthiewmg and friend (brother?)
Some other guys I don't know, but who I pwned at the arcade. (Except one, the chinese guy killed me at DDR, but he got killed by this awesome guy with haxxor moves going down on all 4's =p).

quote:
And the movie finally started, after an impressive Ubisoft game preview named something with assasins.

Yeah =D. Was a good trailer in HD :drool:. Even though I already saw it.

Anyways, for those who heard me, I thought Patchou may have heard but guess not.

When the guy said "Ce film est sponsorer par Messenger Plus!" (This movie is sponsored by Messenger Plus!). I yelled out "YEAH MESSENGER PLUS WOO", and my dad hit me in the elbow telling me to stop. Was funny, I think some people laughed =p.
quote:
By the way, the theories of the bombs made up by plussers! :
a) Patchou didn't have enough funds for the sponsoring, so the crowd only got so much of the movie.
b) People who's movie would be delayed decided to end our watching session earlier.
c) Well.. Bin ladin didn't find the movie really good.

:rolleyes: We all know it was you ;p.
quote:
So after getting to not see the end of the movies, we all hit to the Scores (restaurant) and we all ordered some nice food. On the menu was a lot of questions to Patchou, which a few answers were pretty pleasant to hear.

Now I don't know if I'm actually allowed mentioning what I heard about the next messenger plus! version's features, but I will only say that it is pretty good!

Wow, the meal's were awesome, I'm sure it was like a 500-600$ bill :|.

Also for my question, NO Patchou will not be making a Patate Spears 2 :(.

I know the secret new features too!.

quote:
At first I looked to my friend and asked him if it was a joke, thinking how the hell could they just stop the movie like that?!  Apparently, it was not. We all got kicked out of not only the big screening room, but the entire building.

It's about 15 minutes later, waiting for them to let us back in that we realized that the whole thing was actually a bomb alert problem. Pretty funny to notice afterwards the huge amount of time we took to get out, and the very small distance we stood outside the theater. To short things up : if there was really a bomb, we would've all died.

I know that really sucked, but atleast Patchou said he'd send us all a DVD, which once more is going to be like 200$ :|.

But anyways, "The.City.of.Violence.DVDRip.XviD-PosTX" :D.
quote:
So that was about the night, after getting kicked out of Scores (actually, we got out, but the waitress eyes meant for us to leave. =P) me, sam, his dad, and 3 others guys which name I can't remember went to the arcades, where me and sam got attacked by huge spiders and bees!

I didn't realise it was a love game till that guy told us :(. Oh well, we did some 'Joint Shots <3' and some 'Rescure Shots <3' :D.
quote:

So yeah, that was about the night. I totally forgot to take pictures, but I'm sure someone will post theirs soon enough.

I got only like a few, like me giving Patchou my presents :cheesy: (Which you better keep ;().

Albert: Keep yours too ok :D? American Express cards come in handy!
quote:
That was a nice night, I'm sure will be present at other Montreal meetings!

It was an excellent night, besides your bomb scare :dodgy:.

Oh well

* prashker downloads torrent

(Patchou you can still send the DVD + 300$ =D.)

This post was edited on 07-21-2007 at 06:35 PM by prashker.
07-21-2007 06:32 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: