What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Working on the next version

Pages: (12): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Working on the next version
Author: Message:
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Working on the next version
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:
Originally posted by Berger
Hmm, dont know if this has already been brought up, but what about the old "/clear" function?

seconded

Thirded. And talking of old features, it'll be nice if my "/slap <name>" (with (!P) in the /slap definition) makes a comeback. (&)

Also, here's a suggestion for emotion sounds: how about an option to select a random sound from the entire sound library? The library can easily become gigantic, and it's annoying to browse for nice random sounds in the last "pages" of each category.

[If this option is added, I'd personally like it to simply open a random sound's "page" and highlight it (just like after previewing a sound). That way I can decide whether to send the sound or not. Perhaps this m/behaviou?r/ would only be used when "preview mode" is on. I wouldn't like auto-previewing either, because I have some loud sounds. :-$]
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
09-12-2007 11:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lysp

RE: RE: Working on the next version
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by lysp
Simple example. If i want all messages coming through to change a contacts name to their email - i can by doing a string replace on the incoming event. Also means i dont need to worry about hooking/data capture dll's.
The reason for the way that it works in your example is that is how the protocol is (the message received through messenger).  If it were possible for us to be guaranteed of the email address then we would most likely get the ContactObject for them instead.

I was only using that as a simple example.

My real reason is i want to read/manipulate the client at the protocol level without having to install 3rd party packet sniffers/hookers.

I would like for that to be in script form.
09-13-2007 07:26 AM
Justin

32 / Male / Flag
Hi
What i would like to see in the next version is a better name editer with diffrent fonts and sizes of the letters. Thanks i hope this idea gets thought of by the team as im sure its not that hard to do :)
09-30-2007 03:59 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Justin-
name editer with diffrent fonts and sizes of the letters
Fonts and size can't be changed, that's the way WLM works.
quote:
thought of by the team
There's no team, only Patchou.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
09-30-2007 04:53 PM
Justin

32 / Male / Flag
How about a skin editer?
10-01-2007 09:49 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
How about a skin editer?
For Messenger Plus! Live! Im not sure, but i think with Windows Live Messenger this would be WAY to complex.
...there used to be a signature here :)
10-02-2007 03:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
quote:
How about a skin editer?
For Messenger Plus! Live! Im not sure, but i think with Windows Live Messenger this would be WAY to complex.
For Messenger Plus! Live it is just easier for people to learn how to use the Plus! window codes and deal with it that way.  This is already possible.  I think it would be too much work to make a WYSIWYG editor for this without just doing one for Plus! windows in general while you are at it (and that kind of stuff doesn't seem like it is going to happen any time soon).
[Image: markee.png]
10-03-2007 02:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hello,

summer is passing by and I just realized that it's been a while since the last news post. For those of you wondering, I'm not spending my days enjoying the sun outside. I enjoy it inside, with my keyboard, working on a new version of Messenger Plus! Live. This version will be a new major update (probably labelled 4.50) and I'm doing my best to make it will be worth its weight of megabytes.

The list of improvements cannot be talked about immediately as many things are still being worked on, however, I can safely say that the update will be released sometime this fall. I'll keep you posted with a screenshot or two when possible. Until then, if you have any good suggestion or ideas to improve Messenger, it's time to talk about them on the forum :-).

Patchou

Thanks for all your work, Patchou ;)
10-03-2007 08:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
profane

Ok i just thought of another thing you should add along side with the whole making Audio Clips longer (like 20sec). 

Id like to see Live! be able to make group folders for certain sounds.  Like if i had tons of sound clips from lets say some Youtube videos or w/e, i would have the ability to make a folder for just those specific sounds.  I'm kind of an organization freak so....
10-06-2007 12:22 AM
Pages: (12): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: