What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Working on the next version

Pages: (12): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Working on the next version
Author: Message:
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
RE: Working on the next version
The MP!L Chat Log Viewer seems a bit "heavy". It takes it's time opening up (core2duo/2gb ram) for being just a chat log viewer. I hope you can improve that part of the program to be more snappy.
08-25-2007 10:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
It will be slow if it has a high decryption bit. The lower the decryption bit the quicker it will be, and vice versa :)
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

08-25-2007 10:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Working on the next version
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
Could i please suggest that we drop this thing about someones language skills to prevent this thread from going off topic and from starting a flaming war.

Done!!! :-#

@Patchou: Would be LOVELY an improvement for debugging MP!L and Scripts...
My suggestion is a very easy way to report bugs... I adviced this as an script but someone told me that was easier coming from the core of MP!L

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70...d=772549#pid772549

Look the thread I think you can easy understand my point... If you can't... just ask me... :D!!!

This post was edited on 08-25-2007 at 03:59 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
08-25-2007 03:58 PM
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Working on the next version
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
jajajaja come on deAd... they are more dead than busy jajajaja!!! like 4 month without any news nor post... (N)*-)
people do have lifes/work/uni to attend to. yes maybe a post of 2 may have been nice. but sometimes theres more important things in life then a plugin

My thoughts exactly.

People need to understand that the developers (TB for StuffPlug & Patchou for MP!L) are creating these add-ons volunterily. It is not there job which they are paid to do. They are doing it in their spare time.

Patchou gets paid for the adware included?
08-25-2007 10:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nunupuff

– / Female / –
Hey!

Well, I was wondering if you could make something for personalising the sound for when you receive a message from certain contacts, like you have for sign on and stuff.

Otherwise, thanks for the awesome application :)
08-26-2007 11:15 AM
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
i think it would be really useful to add more options to desktop contacs like being able to drag all of them at the same time, not so fun to move like 15 of them one by one. and maybe drag and drop them on the desktop, to avoid 'right click>Messenger plus! features...'
[Image: guanako20.png]
08-30-2007 06:24 PM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
:D Im looking foward to the new version.

One feature i would love (and it was suggested a while ago, but ill be dammed if i could find the thread) is the ability to send a message locally to the msn window, so the message just "echos" and only the local user can see it.

it would be useful for script error messages and such eg
you type /moo
and if an error happens the person may just MessageBox to display the error, or use chatwnd.SendMessage

if this feature was implemented then you could use it just like chatwnd.Sendmessage, but the message wouldnt be sent to the remote contact :)

* -dt- runs back to his text editor....

This post was edited on 08-31-2007 at 02:31 AM by -dt-.
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
08-31-2007 02:29 AM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
i suggested it, patch said a similar feature would come.....
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
One feature i would love (and it was suggested a while ago, but ill be dammed if i could find the thread) is the ability to send a message locally to the msn window, so the message just "echos" and only the local user can see it.

you type /moo
and if an error happens the person may just MessageBox to display the error, or use chatwnd.SendMessage
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
08-31-2007 02:44 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Patchou: Just thought of another feature 'd like to see in MP!L

• I'd lke to  see an improved contact export feature to the one offered by WLM

Currently WLM only exports the contacts IM address. What i'd like to see is for the export to also export the groups which the contacts are in and, if possible, the contacts custom name as well.

Im not sure if this is possible at all but i hope that if it is you'll consider this functionality for 4.50 (or future versions).
~Salem(@)
What you demand are already limitations of MP!L. I mean, MP!L can't read contacts' groups and custom names for the time being due to WLM's API. So I don't think it will be possible unless WLM team change their coding.
quote:
Originally posted by warmth

@Patchou: Would be LOVELY an improvement for debugging MP!L and Scripts...
My suggestion is a very easy way to report bugs... I adviced this as an script but someone told me that was easier coming from the core of MP!L

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70...d=772549#pid772549

Look the thread I think you can easy understand my point... If you can't... just ask me... :D!!!

It may be useful for the beta stage but for the public release I don't think it will be good for the public release because public releases must be supposed to be free from bugs. MP!L is an add-on for fun and usefulness but adding that feature may mean as if MP!L has always some bugs to fix and people are supposed to find and report them.
08-31-2007 07:22 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
:D Im looking foward to the new version.

you type /moo

if this feature was implemented then you could use it just like chatwnd.Sendmessage, but the message wouldnt be sent to the remote contact :)

* -dt- runs back to his text editor....
I think there was also a thread which TheSteve posted in about how the functionality is possible to just write in the Control that holds the chat even though it says that it is read only.

If you want to take a read, have a look at chat window's history control interaction-advance scripting.
[Image: markee.png]
08-31-2007 07:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (12): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: