What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Working on the next version

Pages: (12): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Working on the next version
Author: Message:
cloudedhopes

clouded hopes... all the way!

43 / Male / –
RE: Working on the next version
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
Good idea, although i just thought of one potential problem.

Who in the multi-user conversation will be allowed ti "kick" contacts? Would it be everyone, or just the person who started the chat.

~Salem(@)
The person who started the chat, IMO.

But I'm not sure if there's a way to a) detect who started the chat or b) actually close peoples conversations remotely.

I don't think it is possible.

"a" is a good idea - i don't think shud be a huge problem... however on "b", i think if u remote close the window - watif there was something important he wanted to look at... wudn't be very nice to the person :)
09-05-2007 05:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cloudedhopes
important he wanted to look at.
Then simply disconnect them, but that sounds more difficult.
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
09-05-2007 05:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Working on the next version
quote:
Originally posted by Berger
Hmm, dont know if this has already been brought up, but what about the old "/clear" function?

seconded
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
09-05-2007 06:14 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
[Request]: Transparent Popup Toasts

Like contact list and conversation windows, popup toasts must also be able to be made transparent with the help of Messenger Plus! Even this would be more useful than contact list's and conversation windows' transparencies. Because popup toast are shown unexpectedly, and we may be reading something where that popup appears at the appearing moment. Currenlty we have no option but either close it with our mouse or wait it to disappear. It is very annoying. However, we must see through them.

Please put an option for this in the next build and please only one option for both toasts, WLM's and MsgPlus!'s (including all Scripts' toasts). Thanks in advance.
09-07-2007 07:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
I just thought of a feature I would really love:

When listening to a song, and having it show up in the PSM it's clickable. Clicking it, brings you to some page that locates the artist. So my request is:

Being able to set a custom link location in some preference in Plus!. That way I can have it link to a lyrics site or something like that. And my contacts that also have Plus! will beable to go to whatever link I set (if possible).
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
09-07-2007 11:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Working on the next version
quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
When listening to a song, and having it show up in the PSM it's clickable. Clicking it, brings you to some page that locates the artist. So my request is:

Being able to set a custom link location in some preference in Plus!. That way I can have it link to a lyrics site or something like that. And my contacts that also have Plus! will beable to go to whatever link I set (if possible).

I don't think this will be considered as it could be a potential security risk. Users could use this feature to link their contacts to malicious websites.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
09-08-2007 05:35 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
I don't think this will be considered as it could be a potential security risk. Users could use this feature to link their contacts to malicious websites.
Totally agreed. As the Media message doesn't display the URL it links to, it's even more dangerous than an URL in a conversation. Why do you think we can't choose the text displayed for an URL like we can on the Internet? Because then the user has no idea where the link will take him/her. The media message is (quite) safe as it always links to MSN Music. But if we'd be able to change that, it'd become a very big security risk.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-08-2007 06:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Totally agreed. As the Media message doesn't display the URL it links to, it's even more dangerous than an URL in a conversation. Why do you think we can't choose the text displayed for an URL like we can on the Internet? Because then the user has no idea where the link will take him/her. The media message is (quite) safe as it always links to MSN Music. But if we'd be able to change that, it'd become a very big security risk.
Yes, but what about making it be available to select(from a pre-defined scroll down) a lyric website. When the link is clicked it searches the preferred website for the lyrics of the song. Much like the Now Playing script does, but automatically when you click the PSM link.

Or maybe someone could put this straight into a script? *pokes dt*

This post was edited on 09-08-2007 at 07:16 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
09-08-2007 07:15 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
One more suggestion:

Can we have an option under "Automatically Accept Requests" options like "Play the new alert sound when a request is accepted" Because, even if I enable automatic accepts, I'd like to be notified about the acception.

Or this option can be, not totally sure but, at "Event Notifications" at "Events associated with this notification" list, Request was accepted automatically .
09-11-2007 09:42 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
I'm soooooo happy now cause new version will give me some personal satisfaction...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=72...d=847962#pid847962

Thanks Patchou!!!
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
09-11-2007 11:58 PM
Pages: (12): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: