What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » 5 Movies to a dvd?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
5 Movies to a dvd?
Author: Message:
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: 5 Movies to a dvd?
quote:
Originally posted by M73A
my friend recons shes got like, 5 downloaded avi movies onto one dvd disc and can play it in a dvd player, convertxtodvd does 2 maybe 3 movies, but 5? is it possible?

if so what would i use to do the same?

thanks

It is possible. You might try DVD Flick to do it, but I've never used it for very high compression.

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
dvd players these days support playing divx natively, so you dont have to convert them to the dodgy uncompressed dvd format and can fit quite alot more on a disk :D
DVD-Video is compressed, using mpeg-2 codecs. Mpeg-4 codecs like Xvid and DivX can compress video to the same quality as mpeg-2 with about one-quarter of the bitrate (meaning you can fit about four times as much stuff on the same 4.3 GiB disk)

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:
Originally posted by tony
most of DVD rips on the net are between 800mb, and those have a nice quality... you can easily put 5 of them on a blank DVDR :undecided:
If you still think you will have 5 great looking movies after they were ripped, encoded and compressed to 700mb then re-encoded to MPEG-2 format. Depending if you use SL or DL discs you will have to make sure it stays within the file limits then I think you have to get your eyes checked.

But as the saying goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Go for it!

x2

Depends on how shit quality you will tolerate. Multi-in-one DVDs are low quality, if done well they do not show lots blocking but still lack a lot of detail.

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
If you still think you will have 5 great looking movies after they were ripped, encoded and compressed to 700mb then re-encoded to MPEG-2 format and depending if you use SL or DL discs you will have to re-compress the files then I think you have to get your eyes checked.

A 700MB Film ripped from a DVD is usually perfect quality and I've never experienced any great loss i nquality. I suppose it's all down to what your capable of watching without getting annoyed.
The quality of movies ripped from DVD to 700 MiB files have quality noticably lowered to me.

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
H.264 AVC MP4's can create perfect DVD quality video at about 300MB per film :D
Hmm... I consider that with a whole lot of scepticism. You'd want two-to-three times as much bitrate to achieve near DVD-quality.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
09-07-2007 09:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: