What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Got school laptop, but its restricted..

Pages: (9): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 » Last »
Got school laptop, but its restricted..
Author: Message:
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Got school laptop, but its restricted..
quote:
Originally posted by Steven
Like i said stop posting here if your not being nice
stop posting and asking for hacks
09-14-2007 04:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
"Hi guys, my school doesn't think that I can be trusted with a computer that is their property and is only being loaned to me on the proviso that I don't mess about on it and use it for work only.

When I try and install any program (even the program that makes sure my clock is always accurate and gives me the weather all for free!!) it is gone when I restart the PC.

I want to prove that I can be trusted with a computer by breaking the trust and getting these restrictions that are in place to protect me and the school from any liability, please help me lol, I am really good at making sure things are safe so I wont break it. Just the other day, I dropped my computer and it broke, but now it works, which basically proves that I can be trusted."

This post was edited on 09-14-2007 at 04:24 PM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-14-2007 04:23 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
8-).
[Image: jumbled.png]
09-14-2007 04:25 PM
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Got school laptop, but its restricted..
Wow I was given the computer because I have messy handwriting. And im unorganized. You think I was given it because they dont trust me with there computers?

This post was edited on 09-14-2007 at 04:31 PM by Steven.
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
09-14-2007 04:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
"Hi guys, my school doesn't think that I can be trusted with a computer that is their property and is only being loaned to me on the proviso that I don't mess about on it and use it for work only.

When I try and install any program (even the program that makes sure my clock is always accurate and gives me the weather all for free!!) it is gone when I restart the PC.

I want to prove that I can be trusted with a computer by breaking the trust and getting these restrictions that are in place to protect me and the school from any liability, please help me lol, I am really good at making sure things are safe so I wont break it. Just the other day, I dropped my computer and it broke, but now it works, which basically proves that I can be trusted."

:rofl:

quote:
Wow I was given the computer because I have messy handwriting

I'm sure a laptop will fix that 8-)

Theres a reason people put these types of protection on a computer... Just buy a cheap external hard drive and install xp or vista on it and boot from there... OR just install your programs to it

This post was edited on 09-14-2007 at 04:33 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-14-2007 04:31 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Theres a reason people put these types of protection on a computer... Just buy a cheap external hard drive and install xp or vista on it and boot from there... OR just install your programs to it
or even easier & cheaper, use the laptop for school stuff (like it was given for). and use your desktop pc for everything else
09-14-2007 04:34 PM
Steven

30 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
or even easier & cheaper, use the laptop for school stuff (like it was given for). and use your desktop pc for everything else

Im sure you wouldn't. Ill do the unfreezer and hope for the bst
09-14-2007 04:52 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
I must say I stopped reading around page 4, so if this stuff has already been said then...

I just thought I'd add that as it is the school's laptop (and not yours), you are breaching the conditions under which you are supplied with the laptop and as far as I'm concerned that's illegal... If you think you'll get in trouble if someone finds out (which you've already made clear is the case) then you clearly should not be doing it.
They will know what you have done once the laptop is returned and they will know which student had it.

What happens if there's some sort of damage to the laptop? Will you be the only student without a working laptop because you tampered with someone else's (that is, the school's) property, you'll at least be liable to pay for any costs incurred repairing it?

When it comes to computers, school's aren't afraid to disallow you access to them.
Why should you have any privilidges over other students? If you have a legitimate reason then I'm sure your IT staff will arrange things for you.

This post was edited on 09-14-2007 at 05:04 PM by Volv.
09-14-2007 05:02 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Im sure you wouldn't. Ill do the unfreezer and hope for the bst
your sure i wouldn't what ?
09-14-2007 05:04 PM
Steven

30 / Male / –
They are all incredibly stupid and they wont notice anything that i leave on the desktop. And Ill know when to give it back to them, so thats when ill delete some programs. Nothign to worry about on my part.

This post was edited on 09-14-2007 at 05:08 PM by Steven.
09-14-2007 05:06 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: