What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Mass photo file date adjustment

Mass photo file date adjustment
Author: Message:
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Mass photo file date adjustment
I have two sets of pictures that have the wrong date stored. The date is stored as the file's modification time and the origination time in the EXIF metadata.

What can I do to correct these all? I don't want to do them individually, I just want to shift the time for a whole set forward/backward to adjust the error. One set of files is dated two hours ahead of what it should be and another set is a few years behind.

This post was edited on 09-26-2007 at 04:29 AM by rav0.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
09-26-2007 01:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Mass photo file data adjustment
How's this? :)

quote:
DirDate is a command line tool that can easily be automated to change files' last modification date, creation date or last access date. It can change dates using either a reference file (where you can 'lift' the date from an existing file), the current date/time or a series of YEAR, MONTH, DAY, HOUR, MIN, SEC and MSEC commands. It can process files in subfolders, and it has a preview mode so that you can see which files will be modified.

http://creation-date.qarchive.org/
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-26-2007 01:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Mass photo file data adjustment
That's the kind of program I'm looking for (Y). I want to adjust the exif date as well (and keep all other data at the same time). I found some other programs on that site that edit exif, but they dont do automatic adjustment of multiple files.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
09-26-2007 01:41 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Mass photo file date adjustment
I found a way to do it:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=62215&forum_id=31

I also realised that the file creation and modification date aren't very important. The creation date reflects when I transferred it to my computer, and the modification date will be changed if I rotate the pictures. The exif date is what should be used (and that's why how it was designed).

This post was edited on 09-26-2007 at 11:57 AM by rav0.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

09-26-2007 11:51 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: