What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » windows live wont load after installing messenger plus

windows live wont load after installing messenger plus
Author: Message:
JamOnIt

O.P. windows live wont load after installing messenger plus
Hi there guys,

Ive been using windows live with Messenger Plus for as long as I can remember but now for some reason windows live wont open with messenger plus installed but does with it uninstalled. Ive tried various work-arounds and nothing has worked, Ive also noticed in the "add and remove progs" list the Messenger Plus logo has a "no-entry" sign against it...

Has anyone else had this problem or can somone please help me solve it?

Thankyou in advance

10-06-2007 12:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: windows live wont load after installing messenger plus
Which versions of WLM and Plus! are you running?

Has the problem started since installing a new version of either?

Does the process msnmsg.exe start? (find out in Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del)

The no entry icon next to Messenger Plus! Live in the Add/Remove Programs menu is just the uninstall icon, that's normal and nothing to worry about
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5213 days, 15 hours, 13 minutes, 24 seconds ago
10-06-2007 07:20 PM
pseudo.gothness

Hey,

ya i've just recently been having the same problem.  Windows live with plus has worked fine on my computer for awhile now.  But now, Windows live works fine by itself but when plus! is installed, windows live doesn't open.  Initially it is shown in the task manager but given a minute or so it just disappears. 

I've tried reinstalling both windows live and messenger plus, as well as deleting messenger completely from my computer (including registry and all) and then installing it from scratch.  Nothing seems to help.
10-07-2007 01:22 AM
JamOnIt

O.P. RE: windows live wont load after installing messenger plus
Hi ya Danny,

yup the msnmsg.exe is appearing in task manager. I was using the latest public release of WLM, due to the problem Im having Im now using the beta2 but still having the same problem.

With messenger plus installed I try to open WLM, the cursor shows its busy for about 5 seconds and then nothing happens. Im suprised I dont get a window pop up telling me there's a .dll missing etc...  Im wondering if my McAfee has decided to block it for some reason but Ive tried just about everything I can think of.

Pseudo.gothness, thanks for letting me know what you've tried, I also removed everything hoping a fresh start would do the trick and still have the same issue. Im running windows xp sp2 and using McAfee antivirus, are you using McAfee?
10-07-2007 09:02 AM
pseudo.gothness

yupp...most definitely using mcafee, though i can't understand why it would just now decide that it doesn't like plus!...in conclusion, my computer just hates me
10-10-2007 06:59 PM
JamOnIt

O.P. RE: windows live wont load after installing messenger plus
Im sure if the McAfee software was the cause there'd be a few more people with the same problem, but its a start.

Ive not made any progress on it myself, maybe my pc doesnt like me either so i think I'll treat it and put a slice of pizza in the dvd drive lol.

I'll let you know if I solve the problem after Ive got all the cheese out of the drive.
10-10-2007 11:02 PM
Kiz

Not so much a new member... :)

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by JamOnIt
Hi there guys,

Ive been using windows live with Messenger Plus for as long as I can remember but now for some reason windows live wont open with messenger plus installed but does with it uninstalled. Ive tried various work-arounds and nothing has worked, Ive also noticed in the "add and remove progs" list the Messenger Plus logo has a "no-entry" sign against it...

Has anyone else had this problem or can somone please help me solve it?

Thankyou in advance

Isn't this problem related to the problem I encountered???
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=76433

Also, if you don't want to read the whole of that problem, something a0369 pointed out is do any of you guys/gals who are experiencing the problem have Windows Blinds installed?

Some points of consideration:

I use Windows Live OneCare for AV/IS (Anti-Virus/Internet Security), so McAfee won't be a problem unless you genuinely have blocked MP!L by accident.

I use WLM 8.1 and the latest version of MP!L.

I do have Windows Blinds installed, version 5 at the time, version 6 now. I think a0369 was on to something when he asked do we have WB installed.

Anyhow, check out the other thread.

Peace.

This post was edited on 10-12-2007 at 06:47 PM by Kiz.
10-12-2007 06:40 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: