What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Event Log

Event Log
Author: Message:
*Saint*

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Event Log
This only happens to one contact, so it might be their fault. Either way I don't see how it is possible with WLM.

Many many times a minute their status changes from "Online" to "Idle" which I now have a 50mb (twice for my two emails) event log in the past 4 days (I deleted the event log file and disabled their emails from logging 4 days ago, I thought.) Since it the minimum time to go from "Online" to "Away/Idle" is one minute I think it could be a Plus problem since it's Plus' logs and Plus' idle status.

Also I have disabled logging of that contact and their emails for at least four days and the logging continues. I have only six contacts on the second email so I know it is not because of sheer numbers of people changing their status normally.

You can see by the scroll bar that there is alot of text and it is almost exclusively that person.
[Image: 74534935tj0.th.jpg]

The disabled event logs, unless I did something wrong. (I know you can not see the date that I changed it, but it was at least 4 days ago.
[Image: 93149814ag4.th.jpg]

This post was edited on 10-08-2007 at 08:55 PM by *Saint*.
10-08-2007 05:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Event Log
Saint, although it says "Logged events can be restricted by contacts:" in the Prefences, when you click on Filter, it says in the opened window "The event viewer will display events for the following contacts:" so in fact we can't filter contacts whose events will be recorded to the Event Log file. I always wish we could, also in my opinion it must be like that :) but what a pity it currently logs all contacts' events.

I advice you to uninstall Plus! (maybe together with all user settings) (make sure you saved them  to preferences pack files before uninstalling), then reinstall it. If it still logs for that contact, try disabling all your scripts (if any). If it still logs for that contact, delete him from your list, sign out and then re add him. Also try disabling event logging for some time. Then reenable it.

Idle status doesn't belong to Plus!. Plus! only replaces the special away status of Messenger (which is set when contact appeared inactive for sometime) with Idle status. If Plus! wasn't installed, you would see them as away and you would never know that some of your contacts are idling actually.

People can force their Messenger to set their status to be changed to Idle (Away) with the help of some programs such as MessengerDiscovery. Also even if they don't have such programs they can always switch to Idle by locking their Windows session or switching to Screen saver mode. So the minimum delay is not 1 minute, it is the delay which you can set via Messenger options to change your status to Idle automatically.

The strange thing with your case is your contact doesn't change his status actually, but Plus! logs one event again and again. The time is always same for all the entries, even seconds.
10-09-2007 08:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Event Log
A new filtering option for file events has been added to Plus! 4.50 :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-10-2007 08:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: