What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » iPod & iTunes ARGH YOU !?*/#

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
iPod & iTunes ARGH YOU !?*/#
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: iPod & iTunes ARGH YOU !?*/#
lol, right itunes is working now.... but photos, they corrupt or something, they transfer but they wont play, and are obviously not right (pink sections, yellow sections, its just all screwy)

why would it do that? the pictures are reli big on the pc, like 7 megapixel... would it be best to make them smaller?

ta

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
10-11-2007 02:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
RE: iPod & iTunes ARGH YOU !?*/#
It could be that the colour model is unsupported, and you have to convert the photos specially. I would expect ITunes to do it for you, but maybe it's too dumb.

About the files being big, the IPhone has jpeg subsampling mening that if it's given a high resolution image it will only partially decode it to get a lower resolution rendition then work with that. The IPod might have the same processing, and if not, I would expect ITunes to only give it pictures that it can actually handle anyway.

Perhaps Itunes is having trouble opening the files and when it converts it for the IPod, it is creating a new file from one that couldn't be read in the first place.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
10-12-2007 03:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: