What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » iPod touch USA or UK?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
iPod touch USA or UK?
Author: Message:
Adeptus

RE: iPod touch USA or UK?
quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
Do you reckon its free shipping to Spain? Or just the USA? I can't see to find out on their website.
Naturally, it is free shipping only in the U.S.  -- why on Earth would the U.S. Apple store offer free shipping to Spain, when they have an Apple store for Spain (and make more money from it)?  In fact, I will go ahead and guess that not only the shipping won't be free, but you won't even be able to pay for it.  They will tell you to use the Spanish store.

Anyway, your idea of purchasing it from the U.S. is practical only if you can Paypal someone in the U.S. the money, and have them buy it and send it to you. 

There are a number of things that can go wrong with that, too.  You may get charged import duty in Spain, likely costing more in the end than just to buy it there.  If you have it shipped to you using any private courier, this is pretty much guaranteed.  If sent by postal mail and listed as a gift by sender, there's a better chance of avoiding the duty -- but there's also a greater risk of it getting lost and not making it at all.  Having lived in both Europe and U.S., I have dealt with this a lot and it is generally not worth it.
10-15-2007 08:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: iPod touch USA or UK?
Thanks Adeptus alot of useful info there. I guess there's no chance in m exploiting the US Market then :P Thanks for your help guys.
[Image: 202180054.png]
10-15-2007 06:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: