What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » "Only" 1000 Contacts allowed

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
"Only" 1000 Contacts allowed
Author: Message:
cyberbog84

O.P. "Only" 1000 Contacts allowed
Hi @ all,

I have a very visited website and on it I have put my msn addy so that all the users can contact me. Now I have 1000 msn contacts on my list and the MSN network donīt allow over 1.000 contacts. Is there any tool or can u write any script that can remove this limit. Its really very important for me. Thx in forward for your help

Regards cyberbog84

This post was edited on 10-15-2007 at 09:49 PM by cyberbog84.
10-15-2007 09:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: "Only" 1000 Contacts allowed
There's no way you can change the contacts limit I'm afraid.
Maybe make an extra account? Or if you just want to store their email, MS Outlook can store tens of thousands of emails.

This post was edited on 10-15-2007 at 09:47 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-15-2007 09:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
No one talks to 1000 people. Delete some :P
10-15-2007 10:20 PM
cyberbog84

O.P. RE: "Only" 1000 Contacts allowed
@Chancer well, when you have a homepage with more then 20.000 unique visits per day and you use also the Messenger for support then your list will be in short time full :( so I can remove maybe 100 contact but in few days it will be again full.
10-15-2007 10:32 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
It's a lie, I have over 1,000 people in one of my emails, ask segosa if you don't believe me.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
10-15-2007 10:48 PM
cyberbog84

Yes, you can add people but you donīt see if they are offline or online and you will not be able to contact them when you do a double click on them you will only be able to write a e-mail. Also you canīt send offline messages to them.
I have also contact the msn com support and they have said to me that there is a 1000 contact limit and they wonīt remove it soon because they donīt want that the people uses the Messenger for commercial things. Thats wy I try to find help here. I can paste the copy from the support that I get but its in german.
10-15-2007 11:06 PM
*Saint*

36 / Male / Flag
You could change the contact email like someone said then use Plus! or something else to have polygamy and have multiple messengers open at once signed into both of the contact emails and continue doing as each email fills to it's limit.
10-15-2007 11:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Adeptus

If the reason you have so many contacts is because you are providing support for a website, I fail to see why you need to add them at all.

Correct me if I am wrong, but would they usually not message you if they have a problem?  Why would you ever initiate a conversation with them?  Just set your privacy settings so that anyone can message you without being on your list.  Add only those you need to follow up with later.
10-15-2007 11:15 PM
cyberbog84

@Adeptus yes, thats true and your advice maybe helpful a little bit for me

But often I have to contact the people by my own because one of the services that I offer is audio/video streaming via Net and broadcasting over satellite and when there is a server problem or a transponder problem I contact the people over the Messenger because is the easiest way and the shortest.
Iīm also using a live support program but the Messenger is soo popular and so many people uses it that its very important for my business. The Messenger Plattform with Messenger Plus is the best plattform for me. The logging is also really great and the search option is really helpfull.
I donīt understand why MSN donīt start for example a payed Commercial Version or something like that with many usefull features for webmaster and companies.

Anyway thx @all for your advices but I hope that someone can helpme to remove this limit that will be the best solution for me. I know you do a great job with the Messenger Plus and at this time a BIG THX to all of the guys from the Plus! team!
10-16-2007 12:24 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
This limit is imposed server-side, meaning that it is impossible to be "patched" or "changed".  It will only change when Microsoft decides to change it.
10-16-2007 12:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: