What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Disable Plus! Temporarily

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Disable Plus! Temporarily
Author: Message:
*Saint*

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Disable Plus! Temporarily
I want to test something with Windows Live Messenger without Plus! active, it there as way I can restart messenger without Plus! being active but still installed and intact for I try what I wanted?
10-17-2007 08:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Disable Plus! Temporarily
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live

Rename MsgPlusLiveRes.dll to anything, open WLM.

WLM should now open without Plus, rename the file back to what it should be to reenable Plus :).
10-17-2007 08:46 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Go to your Messenger folder (C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger, might be different depending on your version) and find msimg32.dll, rename it to something else, like msimg32.dll2.

msimg32.dll is a file added by Messenger Plus!, it takes care of loading Plus! whenever Live Messenger starts, renaming or deleting it will stop Plus! from loading.

EDIT: Guess Sam's method works too, although in that case Messenger will still load msimg32.dll.

This post was edited on 10-17-2007 at 08:49 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-17-2007 08:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
*Saint*

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Disable Plus! Temporarily
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live

Rename MsgPlusLiveRes.dll to anything, open WLM.

WLM should now open without Plus, rename the file back to what it should be to reenable Plus :).
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Go to your Messenger folder (C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger, might be different depending on your version) and find msimg32.dll, rename it to something else, like msimg32.dll2.

msimg32.dll is a file added by Messenger Plus!, it takes care of loading Plus! whenever Live Messenger starts, renaming or deleting it will stop Plus! from loading.

Thank you both.
10-17-2007 08:50 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
If you really want to do a test with no part of Plus! loaded at all, the method of MenthiX is the one to follow though.
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-18-2007 07:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
A shortcut would be good (Example: Hold Ctrl+N+P or customizable after double clicking on the Messenger icon to start WLM)
10-21-2007 09:58 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
A shortcut would be good (Example: Hold Ctrl+N+P or customizable after double clicking on the Messenger icon to start WLM)
Only problem with that is accidents, amount of people who complain about accidentally locking Messenger, could only get worse:P

On second thoughts, how would a shortcut work anyway? You exit WLM and Plus! renames the file itself? But then, if Plus! is not loaded, you can't use a shortcut to turn it back on again.

This post was edited on 10-21-2007 at 10:31 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
10-21-2007 10:29 PM
*Saint*

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Disable Plus! Temporarily
I would like an option to disable plus on the next restart for example, no shortcut because people can do that by accident but maybe in the options have a check box, so that it will be disabled next time you exit messenger, or have it automatically restart messenger. I'm not sure how that works, I don't know anything about making programs lol.
10-22-2007 02:36 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
I'm sure there was a tick box in the "About Messenger Plus!" in the beta testing period, wasn't there? It disabled it next time you start messenger. Should bring that back.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-22-2007 02:40 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I'm sure there was a tick box in the "About Messenger Plus!" in the beta testing period, wasn't there? It disabled it next time you start messenger. Should bring that back.
Yes there was. No they shouldn't. More mistakes by new users and more time spent answering them. Its easier for people to come here/on irc and ask how to disable it than for us to have to tell everyone how to re-enable Plus!
Though the Plus! beta disabling system was a one time thing, people would still be worried and start asking questions and by people I mean newbies (new users, inexperienced ones).
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
10-22-2007 06:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend