What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Changed by a script

Changed by a script
Author: Message:
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Changed by a script
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this makes much sense, but I'll try explain as clearly as I can :S

I'm looking for a way to determine if things have been changed personally, or by a script.
By this I mean, if I have a script, which is meant to automatically change my PSM every half hour, and reset to my original PSM when the script ends or is halted, is there a way I could get this PSM changeable.

ie
If the script writes my PSM to registry on startup, and sets this on exit, I dont want the script to change this registry edit when it automatically changes the PSM within script params, but if I change my PSM manually (through the contact list or "/psm") then it will change the registry.

Thanks
Stefan Leroux
[Image: adsig.jpg]
10-27-2007 08:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Changed by a script
You mean like a event logger that logs everything but it also tells you if its made by a human or a script?

Example of logger:

10:12- Nick Changed  (script)
10:13- Nick Changed  (script)
10:15- Nick Changed  (human)
10:20- Nick Changed  (script)

No longer here.
10-27-2007 11:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Changed by a script
Yes jonh-t, that would be -exactly- the sort of thing I need.  Have I just been stupid and missed something like this, or is it going to need a dirty hack written for it.
Cheers
10-28-2007 02:02 AM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Changed by a script
This would be a good idea for the next version of plus. It should be easy thing to go like there a logger for everything script do and a logger for everything we do and then its combined together.

But if it was you that changed it wouldnt you know if you did that or not? If you didnt it must of being a bot.
No longer here.
10-28-2007 02:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Changed by a script
Its not so much for memory, I'm trying to write a script that will have a different action depending on which is used.

eg
I have a script that changes my DP every 30 mins, and if the script if stopped, it reverts to my original DP (stored in a variable).  However, if I change my original DP manually, the script still changes the DP every 30 mins (as intended), but when it stops, it reverts to the original DP, instead of my newly changed one.

Although, the logger might be useful to find out if my nick was changed to "Great Big Loser" by someone in my house, or via Remotenick (for example).  - Could maybe have more actions from that ;)
10-28-2007 11:36 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: