What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » First glimpse of version 4.50

Pages: (23): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 22 23 » Last »
1 votes - 3 average   First glimpse of version 4.50
Author: Message:
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
RE: First glimpse of version 4.50
Is there a way that plus can reduce the mem usage or WLM?
No longer here.
11-18-2007 01:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/194-ReduceMEM/
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
11-18-2007 01:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/194-ReduceMEM/

Thanks, it works great! :)
No longer here.
11-18-2007 01:23 PM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
So prepare guys my time is coming ;) skinning will be my feature to explode... as for many of you is scripting... you will see... I can't wait for it...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
11-18-2007 05:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
the sad eye

38 / Male / Flag
HI my friends,

First of all i want to say that i can't wait to get my hands on the the new version....:cry:

Then I want to know if there is a way to know if your contacts are login in from a computer or from their mobiles because i leave WLM on and go away from my desk so when they log in and then log out and when i come back i open the event viewer but the ((EVENT VIEWER)) does not show that information.

So i wonder if the new release will have this feature, and if not is there a script to do that ?   THANKS IN ADVANCE
11-18-2007 07:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Keikonium

34 / Male / Flag
I have a few questions in reguards to skinning:

1. What file format will the images we need be in?

2. In the screenshots of Sunshine's skylines skin, the corners of the skin are black, so my question is: Is transparency supported (.png preferably).

3. Will all the parts of WLM be skinable just as if we had 'hacked' the resources ourselves? Will more things be modifiable (contact list colors?)

4. Will the buttons (dashboard, and chat window) be editable?

5. With the skinning engine, is it possible to REMOVE stuff from WLM? Such as the DP container and stuff like that? Not that I'd want to, just using that as an example.

6. Can the skinning engine modify the position of window elements (such as centering, aligning to the right, moving the DP's to the LEFT side of the screen etc?).

My main concern is if the skinning engine will support transparancy however. If we can use .png images that will make me happy. I am looking forward to this release more than ever now ^__^!

Keep up the amazing work Patchou ^_^
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
11-19-2007 12:55 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
2. In the screenshots of Sunshine's skylines skin, the corners of the skin are black, so my question is: Is transparency supported (.png preferably).

Yes.
quote:
5. With the skinning engine, is it possible to REMOVE stuff from WLM? Such as the DP container and stuff like that? Not that I'd want to, just using that as an example.

Yes.

11-19-2007 12:58 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: First glimpse of version 4.50
quote:
Originally posted by the sad eye
HI my friends,

First of all i want to say that i can't wait to get my hands on the the new version....:cry:

Then I want to know if there is a way to know if your contacts are login in from a computer or from their mobiles because i leave WLM on and go away from my desk so when they log in and then log out and when i come back i open the event viewer but the ((EVENT VIEWER)) does not show that information.

So i wonder if the new release will have this feature, and if not is there a script to do that ?   THANKS IN ADVANCE

If you open the event viewer BEFORE you leave your desk then it will track all of the events while you are away from your desk, then when you get back you can scroll back through it and see what has happened

or if it's just for selected contacts you can right click and do "contact information" and it will show all of their movements

quote:
I have a few questions in reguards to skinning:

all formats are accepted

quote:

3. Will all the parts of WLM be skinable just as if we had 'hacked' the resources ourselves? Will more things be modifiable (contact list colors?)

yes, everything is skinnable

quote:

yes, both dashboard and chat window buttons can be edited.  they can be removed, hidden, replaced, order changed......almost anything your heart desires

quote:

6. Can the skinning engine modify the position of window elements (such as centering, aligning to the right, moving the DP's to the LEFT side of the screen etc?).

yes, this can be fairly easily accomplished, for example moving the section of the contact list window that yours your display picture, screenname & personal message down to the bottom of the window

and your other two questions have already been answered
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5186 days, 7 hours, 55 minutes, 19 seconds ago
11-19-2007 01:01 AM
Keikonium

34 / Male / Flag
This all sounds unbelievable ^_^!
I am excited to give the skinning engine a go.
Thank you very much for your replies SonicSam and djdannyp :).
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
11-19-2007 01:09 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: First glimpse of version 4.50
quote:
Any fomat, but most commonly BMP, JPG, PNG.

quote:
PNG transparency is supported, that is, you will be able to see whatever is behind that element - you will not however be able to see your desktop without reshaping the window to remove the corners (which is also possible through the skinning engine).

quote:
Qa) Yes, Qb) Contact list colours could always be modified through resource editing however MsgPlus does still offer a greater number of means for modifying Messenger such as the ability to add options to your skin, reshape your Messenger window (see http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=79102&pid=863270#pid863270).
Hex editing however will not be possible through the skinning engine - hex editing isn't important/necessary anyway.

quote:
Yes

quote:
Yes, this was always possible through resource editing.

quote:
The skinning engine's abilities is limited to the skinning abilities of the user - This can be done but perhaps not everyone will be able to do so.

EDIT: I should probably add that skinning Messenger does require some knowledge and a lot of experimentation - it is not a simple drag-and-drop engine or anything like that. The documentation will however help anyone get started.

This post was edited on 11-19-2007 at 01:32 AM by Volv.
11-19-2007 01:27 AM
Pages: (23): « First « 15 16 17 18 [ 19 ] 20 21 22 23 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: