What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » First glimpse of version 4.50

Pages: (23): « First « 16 17 18 19 [ 20 ] 21 22 23 » Last »
1 votes - 3 average   First glimpse of version 4.50
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: First glimpse of version 4.50
Cookies reducemem script is lighter and is supposed to be better supposedly (I use it and it's good at it's job) It's in the reduceMEM script thread
11-19-2007 02:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Keikonium

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: First glimpse of version 4.50
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
EDIT: I should probably add that skinning Messenger does require some knowledge and a lot of experimentation - it is not a simple drag-and-drop engine or anything like that. The documentation will however help anyone get started.

I guess I should ask, what is the skinning engine scripted in? Is it XML?
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
11-19-2007 03:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
I guess I should ask, what is the skinning engine scripted in? Is it XML?
Your skin consists of 3 primary things:

Interface files - These are the actual Messenger UIFILE resources although they are rearranged into Style and Definiton files. These are what you edit in order to change the layout of things and to add/remove things.

Graphics/other resources - Speaks for itself, but also includes things such as string tables and icons.

XML file - This is what links everything together, it tells Messenger Plus how to handle your skin: what preparations needs to be made, what resources need to be replaced, what options are available, etc.
This file is essentially the core of your skin and is what is most heavily documented in the manual.
11-19-2007 03:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
How does skinning effect memmory usage?  Does it use extra memmory all the time even with a more simple skin or can we actually save memmory by having everything very basic?
[Image: markee.png]
11-19-2007 03:36 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by markee
How does skinning effect memmory usage?  Does it use extra memmory all the time even with a more simple skin or can we actually save memmory by having everything very basic?
I don't believe it particularly affects memory in the long term unless the skin's resources are larger than the originals.
11-19-2007 03:43 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
I read all this and I can believe is true :D... I'm so happy about it... this will be a new challenge for me... mates I wanna now about this new feature affecting the animated gifts and standard wlm emoticons... can you talk to me about that...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
11-19-2007 04:32 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
I read all this and I can believe is true :D... I'm so happy about it... this will be a new challenge for me... mates I wanna now about this new feature affecting the animated gifts and standard wlm emoticons... can you talk to me about that...
This what you mean?
quote:
You can now select multiple emoticons to put in your custom panel. Not only is it possible to sort the emoticons any way you want inside that panel (select icon and use the Up and Down arrow buttons) but you can also sort the panels how you want them (notice the Up and Down arrow buttons there too).
[Click to ENLARGE]
[Image: emoticonpanels.PNG]

http://sunshineweb.org/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=29
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
11-19-2007 04:39 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
I wanna now about this new feature affecting the animated gifts and standard wlm emoticons
You can change how the standard WLM emoticons look to the local user, it is not possible to make them appear different to other users.
Animated gifs?
11-19-2007 04:40 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
Sorry sorry... my bad... I didn't specify about what feature I was talking about...

My question are about skinning... if this include replacing of emoticons and animated gifs like the one when WLM is signing in...

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
emoticons look to the local user, it is not possible to make them appear different to other users.
Yes yes... I already know this mate... ;) but just imagine this idea... you make and skin that replace the standard emoticons... and this skin becomes very popular and many people import it inside MP!L 4.5... so many people will be using your edited standard emoticons (H)... jajaja I'm not telling you this is gonna happen but...:$

This post was edited on 11-19-2007 at 04:50 AM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
11-19-2007 04:42 AM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
My question are about skinning... if this include replacing of emoticons and animated gifs like the one when WLM is signing in...
Oh, as said in my previous post you can change how they look to the local user, not to other users.
The signing in animation actually isn't an animated gif but a whole bunch of still images - and yes, this can be edited.

This post was edited on 11-19-2007 at 04:45 AM by Volv.
11-19-2007 04:44 AM
Pages: (23): « First « 16 17 18 19 [ 20 ] 21 22 23 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: