What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » thinking of getting a new box

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
thinking of getting a new box
Author: Message:
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: thinking of getting a new box
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
Sure, you may be able to save money when you can't get the exact configuration you want pre-built without having to pay for extras you don't need.  However, then we are comparing apples to oranges and that doesn't make "custom built is cheaper".

I agree at 100%.. Pre-built computers will offer you a lot of extra gadgets for the same price, explaining why I decided to go with HP afterall.
11-13-2007 01:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Adeptus

RE: thinking of getting a new box
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
they keep flexibility for themselves to give you any speed of ram, and and brand of hard disk or a combination of disks if it's cheaper
I should point out that by "pre-built" I meant top manufacturers who design and build their systems from ground up, such as Dell and HP.  Their specifications are exact and while they might give you a WD or Seagate hard drive depending on what they have today, it will be equivalent and as advertised.

I did not mean assembly line clone builders, who start with the same generic cases and motherboards you'd use, the only difference being they assemble them in large numbers and have some local name recognition.  That'd be the worst of both worlds and that business model is practically dead here -- although I could see it surviving in smaller markets.
11-13-2007 05:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: