What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Window Constantly Switches To iTunes

Window Constantly Switches To iTunes
Author: Message:
GeorgeR

O.P. Window Constantly Switches To iTunes
Ever since I intalled windows plus! live, it constantly for no apparent reason switches the window to itunes, it even does it when im not touching anything, it makes things difficult because All I do is go on msn and listen to music, and well this only happens when both the windows plus messenger and itunes are open at the same time,  it happens when Im in the middle of typing, when im not even touching anything, or when im in different windows such as itnernet explorer or windows live mail desktop. It just keeps switching to itunes, switch 1 or the other off and I dont have a problem. I am using windows vista and I am on a laptop, I have the newest version of plus and windows live messenger. And for some reason minimised windows are turning orange even though noone has talked, when I minimise itunes or a conversation it turns orage, however when I check noone has talked, and there is no reason for the itunes tab to turn orange either.
11-07-2007 06:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: Window Constantly Switches To iTunes
Do you have any scripts installed?
11-07-2007 07:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
i had this problem as well. except with my problem everytime i loaded up FF itunes would popup and this is extremely annoying. after extensive tries to get rid of it it turned out to be one of my bookmarks, so when i cleared all my bookmarks the itunes problem disappeared. this may not apply to you because you said when you turn off plus it stops. but you also said it sometimes happens when your surfing the net so maybe try this. go to the directory where Internet Explorer is installed (im currently trying to find this, if i find it i'll update my post), look for a bookmark file (probably just an internet file thats named bookmarks), try deleting that and doing a new install of IE. if you dont want to install it again you could just make  a backup of the bookmark of the file then just go to IE and delete all your bookmarks.

I hope this helps, it solved my problem and my problem was similar to yours

rm rulz
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
11-07-2007 08:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Bookmarks are not stored in a single file IIRC for IE... They are URL files like the normal shortcuts used on the desktop and in explorer.

It should be installed to <Drive Letter>:\Program Files\Internet Explorer, but I don't think that it has anything to do with it.

Does this happen when iTunes is not running or does it run automatically? What scripts are there running it MP!L if any?
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-07-2007 12:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Do you have any scripts like iTunes+ or Now Playing installed?

Are you sure this happens only when Plus! is installed? Tried reproducing the same problem with Plus! uninstalled?
11-07-2007 12:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
GeorgeR

O.P. RE: Window Constantly Switches To iTunes
I have always listened to music on itunes while on msn without plus without a single promblem ever, and no I dont have any scripts installed, I dont know if it has anything to do with internet explorer, because it only happens when itunes (cause it need to be open to be swicthed to) and plus are on at thet same time
11-08-2007 01:46 AM
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
maybe itunes wants more attention =P :spam:
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
11-08-2007 02:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
GeorgeR

O.P. RE: RE: Window Constantly Switches To iTunes
quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
maybe itunes wants more attention =P :spam:
ahaha, anyways aftr having this [porblem for 4 days, it randomly went away, still baffled but ah well, in the end it fixed itself
11-08-2007 04:41 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: