What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion for new MPL features

Suggestion for new MPL features
Author: Message:
Kiz

Not so much a new member... :)

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Suggestion for new MPL features
Firstly, allow me to say sorry if I've posted in the wrong section. I couldn't find the section; 'Suggest features etc...'.

Ok, for those who are familiar I had problems with my MPL (Messenger Plus Live) I had to uninstall it whilst I figured out the problem. Time got the better of me and I kept putting it off and off. To temporarily replace MPL, I searched for other addons to WLM (Windows Live Messenger). I come across one which I installed because it seemed the best from the crop.

Not sure I should say the name of the script as people will probably think I'm advertising etc... but firstly, allow me to say MPL is far better than any other addon out there. From UI to the ability to import custom made scripts.

Anyhow, to finish off, some good features in the new addon I got; MessengerDiscovery Live 1.3, were things like seeing advanced details about each user, for example, what version WLM they were using. Shockingly, some people were still on 6 and 7.0 (Nothing wrong with this, but they thought they had the latest version). It told you what text they were using, ratio of messages sent recieved etc.

Just lots of little crafty things which I thought were cool. Maybe these should be made scripts not into MPL. Anyhow, to view the rest of the features, visit This Website. The website needs more work I know, kind of put me off at first...

Remember, MPL rocks and always will do! Stick with the best!
10-05-2007 05:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: Suggestion for new MPL features
quote:
Originally posted by Kiz
Anyhow, to finish off, some good features in the new addon I got; MessengerDiscovery Live 1.3, were things like seeing advanced details about each user, for example, what version WLM they were using. Shockingly, some people were still on 6 and 7.0 (Nothing wrong with this, but they thought they had the latest version). It told you what text they were using, ratio of messages sent recieved etc.
You might want to try Stat Center. It won't deliver all the stats you see in Messenger Discovery but it does a great deal.

This post was edited on 10-06-2007 at 01:31 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
10-06-2007 01:27 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
I totally agree. Them features are very cool! I wish Plus! had them :P
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-06-2007 02:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kiz

Not so much a new member... :)

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Suggestion for new MPL features
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:
Originally posted by Kiz
You might want to try Stat Center. It won't deliver all the stats you see in Messenger Discovery but it does a great deal.

Way ahead of you! Already downloaded it last night! ha

Has some handy features, but I wouldn't say it's as better as Discovery Live contact features.

Thanks for the heads up though!
10-06-2007 07:33 AM
SlightlyMusical

can anybody make a script for the !imitate command? i know on mpl there is the /usay script but it doesnt change the font.....
11-12-2007 07:13 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SlightlyMusical
can anybody make a script for the !imitate command? i know on mpl there is the /usay script but it doesnt change the font.....
Very hard to do without hooking into a proxy while signing onto Messenger.
11-18-2007 10:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: