What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skin Packager

Skin Packager
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Skin Packager
remember back when scripts first started you had to zip them up and rename the files extension, not hard i know but still, well shortly after scripting was released some very nice people develope a script packager that you just ran this program pointed to your script files then filled out a form in one of the setup screens for stating scripts name, its version, is description, your site url etc and it packaged it all up for you and viola.

so i was thinking wouldnt it be cool if some nice person somewhere were to make one of these for skinning?
12-09-2007 09:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
freak544

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Skin Packager
Yeah that would be a good idea i am sure the scripting one can be used as an outline and just change some off the code within the program
12-09-2007 09:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
remember back when scripts first started you had to zip them up and rename the files extension, not hard i know but still, well shortly after scripting was released some very nice people develope a script packager that you just ran this program pointed to your script files then filled out a form in one of the setup screens for stating scripts name, its version, is description, your site url etc and it packaged it all up for you and viola.

so i was thinking wouldnt it be cool if some nice person somewhere were to make one of these for skinning?

The version info, etc is all included in the XML header, so an application like that wouldn't be much use

People are also perhaps likely to create less skins than scripts (individually), so i'm sure that for the 10 seconds to rename .zip to .plsk it's not worth someone creating an application that does that
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5213 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes, 34 seconds ago
12-09-2007 10:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
I'm pretty sure it was Dempsey that made that application. Maybe if you PM him he'll respond?
Segosa is newb.
12-09-2007 10:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
davidpolitis

quote:
(9:53 AM) .typeZERO: Would you be willing to make a skin packager or its not worth the effort?
(9:53 AM) Dempsey: yea if i can find my script packager code i prob will

12-09-2007 10:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
lol I find it easier/better to do it manually, as unlike scripts which you can create in program, skins you have to use external editors so I almost always have the root skin folder open and stuff and can easily tap CTRL+A (then CTRL+click the folders/files I don't need) Right Click->winrar->compress to archive.... then set it as .zip and change the output filename to .plsk or .plsc :P
12-09-2007 11:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: