What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Changing Pictures

Changing Pictures
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Changing Pictures
im working on a skin but the colours i have chose make it hard to read the text in the images on the logon screen, i have discovered the images in question are 701 and 703 now without going into the actual files and editing messenger master copys how do i make the text in these images display in the colour i want.

i vaguely remember something like this is it that i take the 701 and 703 value out put in 59xxx values for themn and then define these new values someone as belonging to modified version ive the original files saved in the script folder?

please let me know if i am close.

any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
12-09-2007 02:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Changing Pictures
701 and 703 are images, you can edit them in any graphics editor eg Adobe Photoshop and re-colour them using filters and adjustment settings like HUE,SAT,LUM etc

Also might I suggest you re-read through your posts in future, little of what your post says makes sense.

This post was edited on 12-09-2007 at 02:13 PM by aNILEator.
12-09-2007 02:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Changing Pictures
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
701 and 703 are images, you can edit them in any graphics editor eg Adobe Photoshop and re-colour them using filters and adjustment settings like HUE,SAT,LUM etc

Also might I suggest you re-read through your posts in future, little of what your post says makes sense.

i know how to recolour the images where i get confused is do i have to track down the files that messenger uses and modify those original files or do i save the files after i make my modifications to my script folder and then put in some code somewhere in a local copy of the style file that somehow reference the custom version of these images if that makes sense to anyone.
12-09-2007 02:19 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
I'm sure you mean skin folder (hence saying re-read your posts) Look at how we've made our skins, and read the documentation and tutorials, it'll give you some idea.
12-09-2007 02:22 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok in the documentation patchou gives an example called neko koneko, in that project he gets you to change the background reference from 20061 to 59000 you then have to declare that reference in the skininfo file and thats where you link it to a file, the style file in that example "Neko-Koneko.txt" had to be put in the skin folder along with the image you wished to use, now ive given that a go but im coming unstuck on the code for the skininfo file.

EDIT:

ok i figured out how to change the images now, my next problem is some ox the black coloured text is on a dark background where i do go to alter the colour of the text for say forgot password link or for the labels above the username and password fields?

EDIT:

i think i have found where to put my modifications but what i need is to know what syntax to use for text colour entries in the style sheet files

This post was edited on 12-09-2007 at 03:56 PM by stuartbennett.
12-09-2007 02:59 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
foreground:(r,g,b)

This post was edited on 12-09-2007 at 03:59 PM by aNILEator.
12-09-2007 03:58 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
thanks, ok now my logon screen is sorted i discovered another problem while my background works for logon screen contact list and convo windows when it comes up in the toasts some of the text at the top cant be seen because its dark, where are the stylesheets for the toasts located?
12-09-2007 04:48 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: