What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » "Send Personalized Status Auto-Messages" bug

"Send Personalized Status Auto-Messages" bug
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. "Send Personalized Status Auto-Messages" bug
I don't know if this has been reported in Beta stage but I am sad because the bug is there now.

This new menu item is not working exactly like some similar items in that Plus! menu on conversation windows, Enable Logging,  Auto-Accept Requests and Override Contact's Font.

The first two of the items above have their own filter options and according to that filter, when the conversation window is first opened, a suitable setting is applied to that menu, they are either ticked or not. Also for "Override contact's font" item appears as ticked for the first time window is opened if user checked the related option in Preferences. And if it is ticked whatever by default or manually, they do their job perfectly.

However this new "Send Personalized Status Auto-Messages" item doesn't seem work properly like the others do. You know, there is a filter option for these auto-messages at the first place, and I think the chat windows must read that filter when a chat window is first opened and set that item accordingly, I mean that filter must define a default behaviour per contact for auto-messages and user can then enable or disable that from the chat window temporarily (without touching to real Filter) whenever he wants.

But in 4.50 version, this item is always set as ticked for every chat window whatever the dedicated filter shows per each user. But the strange thing is, if user didn't check the filter box in Filter window for one contact, even if the Plus! menu of chat shows it as ticked as if that contact will receive the auto-messages, in fact the user won't receive auto-messages. If you untick, retick the Plus! menu item, the user will not still receive auto-messages. The only way to make that contact to receive auto-messages is going to Filter window for auto-messages, and tick him from there.

This item is very similar to Enable Logging item in menu but it works very fine. If the logging for one contact is disabled/enabled from the Filter, you can enable/disable it for that chat session only, or vice versa. This doesn't change the real filter in Preferences but still ease to change the setting temporarily until the chat is closed. The only difference with this item is, I think, this item will be shown only when a personalized status is set, the other things are the same so I hope you can make it work properly like the others.

Please fix this asap.
12-13-2007 09:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Apatik

\o/

– / Male / Flag
RE: "Send Personalized Status Auto-Messages" bug
Okay, so basically you're just saying that the "Send auto-messages to this user" option in the conversation windows is always ticked "by default", even for contacts who are "filtered out" for this feature (auto-messages).

And, that it does not influence the filtering itself, which is working as it should (no alteration of filtering even on ticking/unticking the menuItem).

Am I right?

6§ when 1 0lines would be enough -_-

This post was edited on 12-13-2007 at 06:37 PM by Apatik.
[Image: rdmazu.php]
12-13-2007 06:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: "Send Personalized Status Auto-Messages" bug
Yes basically you are right. But in fact there are some more things which I would like to see as a fix to this bug, not just correcting the wrong ticks in some conversation windows.
12-13-2007 06:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: