What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » windows mobile 5 reg hack help

windows mobile 5 reg hack help
Author: Message:
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
O.P. windows mobile 5 reg hack help
i want to change the program launched by the red button the button selects the phone app like a select button but i want it to launch a sip client instead of the typical gsm/g3 phone cos the answer button does that anyway i've tried looking in google but i haven't come across it,

also i would like to disable one of the ways to write a "t" in the letter recognizer but i don't think i'll be able to do it

[edit] it's an o2 flame, running rom version:WWE_RC1070309
the media center looking one

This post was edited on 12-18-2007 at 06:11 AM by Jarrod.

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

12-18-2007 01:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

RE: windows mobile 5 reg hack help
Hi.

There's much better handwriting recognisers for Windows Mobile than the cruddy built in ones. Calligrapher (http://www.phatware.com/calligrapher/index.html) is one but I'm sure you'll soon enough get over the text recognition because it sucks (especially compared to the recognition available in Windows Vista).

The best input/SIP method I've found is PocketCM Keyboard available at http://www.pocketcm.com/. Get it, use either the built in Touch theme or pick up an iPhone/iPod Touch theme and you're good to go.

As for the red button, do you mean the hardware key on the front of the phone?

I remember seeing something a while ago on XDA-Developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/) about hardware key remapping so I'd probably have a bit of a hunt around there.
12-19-2007 12:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: windows mobile 5 reg hack help
thanx chris dw i solved the main bit of the post using a softkeys applet, i meant the hard hey that corresponds to the softkey, but it's all sorted,
what i wanted someone to tell me was to go to the key "hk_cu/software/microsoft/today/keys" then create a folder called 112 inside in place the following 2 keys:

"(Default)"                                #####stores the text that appears there
     some text

"open"                                      #####containing the program path
         some path
====================================================

i rather enjoy using the letter recognizer and i find it quite reliable, i do all my t's as 7's though and the problem is when I'm writing quick and the word ends in an "l" then i put a space it thinks I'm doing a "t" but apart from that i like it, to disable a stroke i'd have to change the source code or something wouldn't I?
(god help me when i have to write normal again)

This post was edited on 12-19-2007 at 01:27 PM by Jarrod.

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

12-19-2007 01:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: