What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » inaccurate information about tabbed chats feature on features page

inaccurate information about tabbed chats feature on features page
Author: Message:
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
O.P. inaccurate information about tabbed chats feature on features page
As Pure_BY already mentioned in Pure_BY's reply to Plus!'s & WLM's keyboard shortcuts:

on http://msgpluslive.net/features/ it says:
quote:
Tabbed Chats

Use a tabbed web browser? Even if you don't, you might find tabbed conversations useful for organizing your chats by converting a myriad of windows into a simple single one. Vertical tabs on the left, normal tabs on the top. You name it. You can also use tabs to group just some special chats and keep all the rest in normal windows if you want.
But this last aspect never was a feature of Messenger Plus! Live, as it had been removed since Messenger Plus! Live 4.00.234 was first released in June 2006, thus it should be removed from the Features page aswell, as it hasn't returned in 4.50 either.

quote:
Originally posted by changelog for 4.00.234
Tabbed Chats. The feature has been redesigned to be more "user friendly", however, this required some previous options to be removed: the possibility to group/ungroup chats manually with a key combination has been taken out. No more auto-switching to a chat with unread messages either. Emoticons are now displayed in the contact's names and the tabbed bar integrates better in the window.

Edit:
I just noticed that this issue has been brought up several times in the past, but hasn't been fixed since.

Something wrong in the features page
   Tabbing some special chats-Is it possible, it is written on website
   Tabbed confusion
   Seperate tabs
   Plus!'s & WLM's keyboard shortcuts

But as far as I know, no thread has been posted in the correct forum for this yet, which is Forum & Website, so here it is. :tongue:

This post was edited on 12-11-2007 at 11:15 PM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
12-11-2007 01:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: inaccurate information about tabbed chats feature on features page
quote:
Originally posted by andrey
But as far as I know, no thread has been posted in the correct forum for this yet, which is Forum & Website, so here it is.
I think that is because everyone has been hoping that the feature would be brought back... I personally would like to see it, and if noobs keep bringing it up then Patchou is likely to see one of the threads :P
[Image: markee.png]
12-12-2007 09:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
I agree, this should be resolved on the website, even if it will be a feature re-added back in the near future, it's still misleading for now.
12-13-2007 10:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Whoops -- thanks for the heads up. Fixed on the website! That's for now at least; it's up to Patchou whether this subfeature comes back to Plus! in the future.
12-18-2007 10:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: