What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PS2 on computer monitor

PS2 on computer monitor
Author: Message:
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. PS2 on computer monitor
Helloes. I'm going to go to a place for some time with my friend that has no TV, and to have something to do on our free time he suggested he could bring his PS2 along, but as there is no TV we would have to find some kind of device to display the picture on. I have an old computer LCD monitor (Acer 1714) which I would be able to take along (as it's not that big), but it only has VGA and DVI input (while the PS2 has, afaik, only the AV Multi output (meaning I have RCI jacks on the other end).
Now, have any of you tried running your PS2 (or some other console) on a computer monitor, and if so - how? How was the image? I heard that it might get really blurry if you use some kind of converter. Thanks!
[Image: signature.php]
12-13-2007 06:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: PS2 on computer monitor
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
(while the PS2 has, afaik, only the AV Multi output (meaning I have RCI jacks on the other end).
true

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Now, have any of you tried running your PS2 (or some other console) on a computer monitor, and if so - how? How was the image? I heard that it might get really blurry if you use some kind of converter. Thanks!
Yes I have. But it won't help you.
PC -> TV card -> PC Mon :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-13-2007 06:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: PS2 on computer monitor
Two different choices you have, says a guy from playstation forum:

quote:
It basically comes down to two methods:

1. Internal or external video capture card for your PC/Mac.  Your capture card should come with software that allows you to view an external video source in a window on your desktop or in full screen -- in this case, your PS2.  You'll be viewing your PS2 video through software on your PC/Mac so you will be reliant on your PC/Mac for performance and compatibility.

2. By a composite-to-vga converter box.  This will allow you to plug your PS2 directly into your monitor so there is no need for a PC or any PC software.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-13-2007 06:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: