What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]
Author: Message:
roflmao456
Skinning Contest Winner

29 / Male / Flag
RE: I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]
excellent film :)

i watched it at IMAX last saturday :D
[quote]
Ultimatess6
: What a noob mod
01-01-2008 07:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vimto

In and Out

32 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha

even though I found it depressing. :P

Tell me about it!
They had to have a storyline about him having to kill his best friend/dog :sad:
01-01-2008 12:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
i wanna see it!

* Discrate downloads.
01-01-2008 12:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ashley_H

RE: RE: I am legend questions? [SPOILERS]
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Originally posted by Ashley_H
After 3 years of there cages in a zoo (presuming thats where there from) there cages have bin through 3 years of rain and other types of precipitation. So I imagine that there cages would be weak

I'd be worried if that was all it took to weaken a cage seeing as cages have been in zoos for years without being replaced :s

You dont have to damage a full cage for an animal to escape. Say if its a bar cage and one of the bars were damaged there would be a sizeable gap for some animals. I'm sure sections o cages have been replaced in the past.

Also after 3 years of being trapped alone, with no affection they could start trying to escape. Large animals like lions etc could start bashing their cages.

This post was edited on 01-01-2008 at 01:44 PM by Ashley_H.
01-01-2008 01:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Also after 3 years of being trapped alone, with no affection they could start trying to escape. Large animals like lions etc could start bashing their cages.
And what was stopping these animals from dying of starvation meanwhile?
01-01-2008 01:46 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:

:D My next point
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-01-2008 02:33 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

1. The animals are there because central park has a massive zoo in it, I assume that they all escaped from there after becoming so hungry because their 'zoo-keepers' would've abandoned the city, died or became somewhat rabied.

2. He isn't insane, but because humans are sociable beings, we find it difficult to function correctly if we're alone for such a long amount of time (hence the reason why solitary confinement is incredibly unethical), so we will try and compensate for the fact that we're alone. Just like someone would talk to a teddy, and if it fell to the floor, go 'what did you do that for?' jokingly. But if you woke up one day and it was somewhere completely random where it couldn't possibly be, you'd probably question the fact, is it real? Because you can tell by the way he shoots him there is some desperation for him to spend time with people.

3. The 'creatures' are just people who are carrying the virus without death, acting as if they're rabied, they need food and are desperate for it, acting in inhumane ways to do it, the virus (I assume) kills off brain cells or something, so they will not be able to function and act like we to. But I'm sure it'll put them in a primitive state enough to set a trap, especially if they copy another persons behaviour. By the way, when they were talking about basic human instincts, he was meaning survival skills, for example their natural instinct to not go out in the sun.

4. Because the shade under the bridge is shade during the day, whereas at that point in the film, it is sunset, so it isn't getting shady, it's actually going dark. (The monster person there is the 'leader' throughout the film btw).

I thought the film was absolutely amazing, the creators have made anyone who watches it feel so solitary, there isn't even a soundtrack to it, only some diegetic content (Bob Marley). It only had anything in it that was completely necessary, the reason he didn't want to get into the safe is because he missed his family and saw the butterfly and remembered it, especially after the woman was telling him 'God told me to come here', his mission was over. It was his ground zero, and he'd finished his job that he was hanging around to do, he actually had nothing left. Everyone that he loved was gone, so what's the point in hanging on?

I hope there isn't too much conjecture in there, I was just trying to explain as best as I could what I thought the best answers to your question were, and I may have only read a couple of other peoples answers before answering myself, so sorry if i've repeated myself.

quote:
Great film. I dont see why Will Smith stayed inside that glass room at the end. Why didnt he go through that tunnel with the others with the blood. Then he could of got all the credit for saving the world.

Who cares about credit when all of your loved ones have been lost to the virus?

I could tell my parents didn't really like the film when I left it, but I thought it was actually amazing.

quote:
Originally posted by Volv

The deer type things were probably eating shrubs and stuff which would've covered the entire city and central park (which we can see), and they grow, survive have babies etc, then the lions just eat those.

This post was edited on 01-01-2008 at 07:47 PM by user27089.
01-01-2008 07:45 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: