What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » What is this?

What is this?
Author: Message:
downloader69

– / Male / Flag
O.P. What is this?
Just installed the newest version of Plus and then I looked the details of my contact. It told me I'm not on his contact list. What does that mean? How can your Plus addon know if I'm not on the list?
12-17-2007 04:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: What is this?
Because it uses the Tools -> Options -> Privacy and under "See who has added you to their list" there is a view button. Messenger Plus! uses this list for that feature.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
12-17-2007 04:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Cuperdon

32 / Male / Flag
wow what a useful tool
and I am quite shocked at how people use their MSN, taking people out of their MSN list.
(Among others, closing the window right after they type a line, do they not care about what they or the other said before?
Or say BRB and leaving the other person waiting 8-))

This post was edited on 12-23-2007 at 01:22 AM by Cuperdon.
[Image: Cuperdon.png]
12-23-2007 01:20 AM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Cuperdon
closing the window right after they type a line, do they not care about what they or the other said before?
If you are refering to the Close Window Warning (of some scripts... if they still exists) they don't  have accuracy.. So many of the "warnings" will be fake....
;)
The same thing occurs with Open Window Notifiers... This scripts make a warning when a Session is opened with a contact (like download a DP) and not a window....
12-23-2007 02:53 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
quote:
closing the window right after they type a line, do they not care about what they or the other said before?
If you are refering to the Close Window Warning (of some scripts... if they still exists) they don't  have accuracy.. So many of the "warnings" will be fake....
;)
The same thing occurs with Open Window Notifiers... This scripts make a warning when a Session is opened with a contact (like download a DP) and not a window....
That was never referred to AT ALL during this thread, i advise you read the whole thread before replying...What he was simply saying was that he doesnt understand why people have you on their lists for two seconds to talk to you and then just delete you, this thing your talking about was never brought up or considered in this thread.
...there used to be a signature here :)
12-23-2007 06:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Cuperdon

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: What is this?
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
quote:
;)
yes it's kind of off topic
What I was trying to say is, when they write a line and close it. And the next time I write something to them (a new window pops up in theirs), they may not remember anything from the conversation because it's not there anymore except the last message I just sent.

I am not sure how many people do that. But I have seen them before
[Image: Cuperdon.png]
12-23-2007 04:27 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
wow what a useful tool
The "has you" info at contact information window was my suggestion :banana: I am happy it helped you to notice a feature of Messenger
quote:
and I am quite shocked at how people use their MSN, taking people out of their MSN list.
I think there is nothing to shock you, if they don't prefer to have you in their lists, they have right to delete you, simple as that.
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
That was never referred to AT ALL during this thread, i advise you read the whole thread before replying...What he was simply saying was that he doesnt understand why people have you on their lists for two seconds to talk to you and then just delete you, this thing your talking about was never brought up or considered in this thread.
I think when Cuperdon went offtopic, you still thought he was ontopic, that led you to accuse MicroWay. Please don't accuse people when you aren't sure.
12-24-2007 07:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
The "has you" info at contact information window was my suggestion (Smilie) I am happy it helped you to notice a feature of Messenger

i seriously doubt it, though i have no proof.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
12-24-2007 07:38 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
i advise you read the whole thread before replying...
I've read it before any posts here...
But, to make a general answer: I thought Cuperdon uses/used a script like I told about... Just make the simple question: "How he knows that his contacts closes the window right after they recieve a msg and answer it?"... And I'm not talking about people deleting him on the contact list (even Cuperdon was) as you said: "have you on their lists for two seconds to talk to you and then just delete you". Who is offtopic now??? hahah :P:P  (joking)

Anyway... if I espressed myself wrong, sorry too :)

Now going really offtopic:
quote:
The "has you" info at contact information window was my suggestion
Cool!!! Really, I didn't knew it!!! (Y).. Good idea
quote:
I think when Cuperdon went offtopic, you still thought he was ontopic, that led you to accuse MicroWay. Please don't accuse people when you aren't sure.
;)...

This post was edited on 12-25-2007 at 03:02 AM by MicroWay.
12-25-2007 02:56 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: