What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Croatian translation 5.10 (in progress)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Croatian translation 5.10 (in progress)
Author: Message:
ag008

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED!
No, What is the mail of Patchou?
And what does i need to see in your translation?
Life is ____
07-23-2008 01:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED!
I didn't say you need to look into my translation. You can check the thread about my translation to see what other translators told me that has to be done in order for my translation to be included in the setup. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
07-23-2008 02:07 PM
ag008

– / Male / Flag
Can you tell my, its realy big thread.
Life is ____
07-23-2008 02:14 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
Someone must confirm that this translation is ok. The translation must be used by many Croatian users. It must have no bugs and all the texts must fit in the windows. Patchou will sent you an installer so you can check your translation but you have to wait and be patient for that since Patchou is very busy. (Y)

This thread is also very helpful: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=84386

This post was edited on 07-23-2008 at 02:23 PM by Basilis.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
07-23-2008 02:20 PM
HR_Michael

– / Male / Flag
This translation is very, very bad! There is so many mistakes and erors...

This post was edited on 07-24-2008 at 07:41 PM by HR_Michael.
07-24-2008 05:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ag008

– / Male / Flag
Here is test is this user from Croatia?
Aj mi reci šta tu fali?
Šahim se, reci šta ne valja
Life is ____
07-25-2008 06:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ag008
Here is test is this user from Croatia?
Aj mi reci šta tu fali?
Šahim se, reci šta ne valja
Seeing his profile, yes he is.

----------------

Quickly reviewing your current translation I can indeed see extremely many errors. And that is just talking about formatting and layout, not about translating.

eg: [Menu.Tags], [Menu.FormatCodes], [Menu.Commands], [SoundCommands] are all formatted completely in the wrong way for example. Same for many lines in [Commands], [Window.LogViewer], [Window.FindTextIM], [Window.ListCleanup], etc... the list goes on and on. In essence, almost everything is done in the wrong way, take especially note on the use of tags!

Then there are also a lot of sentences which are not translated and still in English.

I'm afraid this translation is completely unusable. I suggest to re-read Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live.

----------------

quote:
originally posted by ag008 here
Hope and with Croatian!
Because I don't wont to make translation for nothing!
Putting aside that the current translation is completely unusable:

I very strongly suspect that the croation language is not used enough to be added.

Furthermore, if people report that a translation is full of errors and bad grammar, the chance that it will be added is as good as nihil, thus non-existant. A translation needs to be confirmed and approved by several people.

Third, the next release of Plus! (4.70) is going to include new visible elements. This means that there needs to be a new translation. This means that unofficial translations will not be added to that release since those translators do not have access to the beta versions in order to provide up-to-date translations (It also means that official translations which aren't updated before the release will be removed).

sorry for the bad news, but that's the way it is...

quote:
originally posted by ag008 here
Because I don't wont to make translation for nothing!
Before it could even be considered to be added you need to post the translation in a thread on the forum.

This means that people can download and start using the translation and report errors.

So, this alone, is not "making it for nothing".

If you mean by "making it for nothing" that there aren't any people downloading your translation from here anyways and thus that it is a lot of work for nothing, then there will also be not much people who would use it once it is added as an official language in Plus!. And because of that, it wont be added in the first place as you need to have a lot of users for the language.

PS: Making and maintaining a translation and posting it on the forums is not "doing it for nothing" as people will have access to it the moment you post it.

This post was edited on 08-02-2008 at 04:43 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-02-2008 04:05 PM
ag008

– / Male / Flag
eg: [Menu.Tags], [Menu.FormatCodes], [Menu.Commands], [SoundCommands] are all formatted completely in the wrong way for example. Same for many lines in [Commands], [Window.LogViewer], [Window.FindTextIM]...
dont understand?
and translation are getting better every day
Life is ____
08-03-2008 07:01 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
All those sections contain tags and ampersands which are formatted in a complete wrong way. Why do you put spaces between everything? They should not be there.

Note that those sections are just examples, and the errors are not limited to those sections only. The whole translation file is riddled with them.

At least read the Translation Guidelines carefully and follow the do's and dont's.

Also, if you would check the things you've translated in Plus! itself, you would notice that you made a lot of errors.

Seeing the kind of errors which are in the file I strongly suspect you never even checked your translation in Plus!. Just opening the Preferences dialog already reveals several errors, too long lines, not translated values, etc..

Because of that, listing the errors for you to fix would take many pages and is just not doable.

This post was edited on 08-03-2008 at 08:32 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-03-2008 08:22 PM
ag008

– / Male / Flag
i know, first i must say that i translate with google and I have working on better translation, because of that sometimes /n is / n and can you tell me what in formattion are wrong?
EDIt: i have / n replace all with /n is there more bugs?

This post was edited on 08-04-2008 at 12:47 PM by ag008.
Life is ____
08-04-2008 12:46 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: