What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Internet Explorer 8

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Do you think that in future you want to use IE8 or Firefox 3?
This poll is closed.
Internet Explorer 8 11 30.56%
Firefox 3 22 61.11%
Another browser (Safari 3?) 3 8.33%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Internet Explorer 8
Author: Message:
AngelDevil

MsgPlus! Script Developer

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Internet Explorer 8
Bill Gates (my best friend :P) announce that his engineers are working at the development of Internet Explorer 8, and that probably a first beta it's going to be published in the first three months of the 2008.. And the cool news is that IE8 (also called IE.next) passed the Acid2 test in WebStandars... Straaange!!! :D What do you think about this?? And why about you Microsoft is going to release Messenger 2008, after the recently release of Messenger 2008 (i tell about official versions), IE8 after the recently release of IE7, Vista SP1 after Vista???? Apple and Mozilla incoming?? *-)
http://www.amicogeek.it - Technology blog!
12-22-2007 07:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Internet Explorer 8
I don't think Apple and Mozilla have much to worry about, Microsoft is developing new software, but it is still years behind what other companies have produced and there has been a huge quality dip in recent years. Quiet simply Microsoft has gained a reputation of releasing unpolished programs.
12-22-2007 08:02 PM
Quantum
Disabled Account

Away.

30 / Male / Flag
The only reason IE is the most used it because its default with windows.
No longer here.
12-22-2007 08:05 PM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
i dont get it.  for 4 years microsoft dont release another ie till vista, now vista has come out a year later they are making another ie. wtf.
12-22-2007 08:37 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
i dont get it.  for 4 years microsoft dont release another ie till vista, now vista has come out a year later they are making another ie. wtf.
Pressure from other companies. More people are becoming aware that other browsers actually exist and MS are trying to keep people using their browser by stealing everyone elses features. And badly coding them 8-)
[Image: jumbled.png]
12-22-2007 08:39 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
for 4 years microsoft dont release another ie till vista, now vista has come out a year later they are making another ie.
Because they finally got some decent competition in the form of Firefox to get heir lazy ass to update the ancient IE.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-22-2007 08:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
MS are trying to keep people using their browser by stealing everyone elses features. And badly coding them 8-)

Its not like Firefox didnt steal any features either, all browsers steal from eachother, its not just an Internet Explorer thing.  And none of their features are "Badly Coded", they behave/operate as expected.  Personally, I cannot wait for IE8, I think IE7 was a great release.
12-22-2007 11:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Dane

Its not like Firefox didnt steal any features either, all browsers steal from eachother, its not just an Internet Explorer thing.  And none of their features are "Badly Coded", they behave/operate as expected.  Personally, I cannot wait for IE8, I think IE7 was a great release.
I didn't even mention Firefox in that sentence 8-) I cbf to go on about how bad IE7 is, it's an improvement on 6 yes, but it isn't great. I'm not saying you're wrong, because you're entitled to your opinion and their is no right or wrong answer for this sort of thing, I just disagree. ;]
[Image: jumbled.png]
12-23-2007 12:01 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
I have seen the screenshots and I can't understand why they almost deleted the Menu bar in IE7 and now they are doing so huge Menu bar like Office 2007 menu bar... :S
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-23-2007 12:48 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
I have seen the screenshots and I can't understand why they almost deleted the Menu bar in IE7 and now they are doing so huge Menu bar like Office 2007 menu bar... :S

These screenshots that you're describing are fakes, which were obviously pointed out at the unedited Office 2007 "Word Count" and "Typing Indicator" on the bottom bar, etc. :-P, as far as I know, no real screenshots have leaked.
12-23-2007 12:59 AM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: