What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Update] SexySkin 1.5.000

Pages: (14): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
[Update] SexySkin 1.5.000
Author: Message:
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] SexySkin 1.0.000
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
* SpunkyLoveMuff has a fine collection of available images... The internet is a lonely place when you're young

Well we all know what the internet is for thanks to Avenue Q
12-30-2007 10:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
* SpunkyLoveMuff has a fine collection of available images... The internet is a lonely place when you're young
I thought you lost all your HDD data, multiple times..? :P

This post was edited on 12-30-2007 at 11:09 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
12-30-2007 11:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] SexySkin 1.0.000
the images have without exception been cut from backgrounds by myself.  i'll admit that some aren't ideal, but i'm not a professional, i'm not getting paid and i did the best job i could without spending ridiculous amounts of time going over and over minute pieces.

that lindsay lohan bikini picture is a good one, but like you said, the head is cut off, plus i just decided to go in a different direction on that particular one

feel free to replace the images on your own computers if you're unhappy with them, should be pretty easy to find and no coding needed to replace them, just don't change the file names.

and yeah, the screenshot isn't great, it was done in paint in about 2 minutes just to give a quick overview of what it looks like......think of it as a computer game demo......it's just a low quality idea of what the finished product will look like :P.

Version 1.1 is already in the pipeline with some of the changes already suggested

I'll work on tidying up that main kelly brook picture as it is somewhat untidy (it was an early prototype picture which i didn't spend too much time on the pedantics of and ended up being left in untouched).  if anyone finds any similar major problems with other pictures in there then feel free to bring them to my attention and i'll see what i can do.

any other further suggestions are also appreciated.

and now a little cry for help :P

it was indirectly suggested further up to give the option to centre the taskbar icons.....i wanted to experiment with this, but i can't seem to get it to happen!  i've found the piece of code relating to the position of the icons, but i can only change it to be left or right, is there a "middle" or "centre" condition to apply to "layoutpos".....i've tried middle, center, centre, middlecentre, middlecenter and they all come up as "Invalid enumeration value" in the skin trace.

code:
<element layout=borderlayout() id=atom(idmetoolbarcontainer) padding=rect(10,0,4,0)>
<element layout=filllayout() layoutpos=client>
<MToolbar TextSuppressOption=Individual id=atom(idMeAreaButtons) padding=rect(0,3,0,3)>
<button active=mouse|nosyncfocus accessible=false id=atom(ToolbarScrollLeft) class="HIGToolbarLeftScrollButton" tooltip=true/>
<Button cmdid=40198 id=atom(mailbtn) AccRole=57 Class="TransparentButton" Layout=flowlayout(0,2,0,2) Active=MouseandKeyboard|NoSyncFocus Padding=rect(5,4,5,4)>
<element class="ToolbarIcon" ID=Atom(ai202)/>
<element id=atom(mailcount) class="ToolbarButtonItemCount" padding=rect(3,0,0,0)/>
</Button>

the line highlighted in red is what needs to be changed in 923 defintion as far as i can tell....any ideas on what i can do to add this option.....or at least trial it?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5186 days, 13 hours, 37 minutes, 19 seconds ago
12-30-2007 11:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
the element you have highlighted, change layout=filllayout() to layout=flowlayout(0,2,2,2).

Thats it :P
12-30-2007 11:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] SexySkin 1.0.000
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
the element you have highlighted, change layout=filllayout() to layout=flowlayout(0,2,2,2).

Thats it :P

cheers

gah, i was so close!  i changed it to flowlayout figuring that would be the way.....but then i got stumped on what conditions to give it.

can you explain the bracketed part as it would help me to learn what precisely it meant so that i can apply the same knowledge in future if necessary

This post was edited on 12-31-2007 at 12:35 AM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5186 days, 13 hours, 37 minutes, 19 seconds ago
12-31-2007 12:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] SexySkin 1.0.000
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
[Image: 363162467sn2.png]

i cant beleive thats lindsay lohan to be honest i thought that was rachel lutrel from stargate atlantis.

danny yes i can make word wheel change locations using your method but it has a big limitation, alot of my backgrounds use gradients as a result ill have say in my easter theme green at the bottom for grass and blue at the top for sky, the way you did it limits you to only one set of images so when wordwheels at the top and im using my blue images to match it into the sky, then someone want it at the bottom, it goes down the bottom but still uses the blue images and viola now the theme looks awful.

the only way round it is that you try a transparent background on the images etc and try using an argb on the background tag in the uifiles so no matter where word wheel is positioned it would look ok but im not sure if that would work.
12-31-2007 11:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett

danny yes i can make word wheel change locations using your method but it has a big limitation, alot of my backgrounds use gradients as a result ill have say in my easter theme green at the bottom for grass and blue at the top for sky, the way you did it limits you to only one set of images so when wordwheels at the top and im using my blue images to match it into the sky, then someone want it at the bottom, it goes down the bottom but still uses the blue images and viola now the theme looks awful.

the only way round it is that you try a transparent background on the images etc and try using an argb on the background tag in the uifiles so no matter where word wheel is positioned it would look ok but im not sure if that would work.
I haven't experimented much with this sort of thing yet, but would it be possible to make the background image of the wordwheel change depending on whether it was positioned at the top or bottom of the contact list? I'm not sure how, but using a pluskin option or soemthing? To the effect that it says "if wordwheel is at the bottom/top, then use this image".

idk :P
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-01-2008 12:53 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Make the background in the convo window way smaller. You need a very high convo window to properly see it. I don't think many people stretch their convo window that high.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-01-2008 03:04 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
vaccination, what i did orignially back when it was just the summertime skin was i had 2 sets of images one coloured for top one coloured for bottom you create a top resgroup and a bottom resgroup you set the skinoptions at the begining of you resgroup to indicate whether its the top or bottom resgroup you then put the plusskin tags in the 1001 definition files to say if top do this if bottom do this etc.

that will work fine if you have a single theme for your skin, however if your skin is like my 365 skin or other skins ive seen that have multiple themes then it causes problems, i am summizing that if i make the 4 word wheel images have a transparent background and define in my plusskin tags that the background colour be set to (255,0,0,0) so its completely transparent then the background underneather the wordwheel should be visible and word wheel should look ok however im yet to test this.
01-01-2008 09:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

I thought you lost all your HDD data, multiple times..? :P

Yeah, but once you know where to look ;)

@DJDannyP: Try finding pics with blank backgrounds or solid colours and usic the magic wand tool. It works good enough for me most of the time
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-01-2008 11:17 AM
Pages: (14): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: